Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone please help me understand how to track enemy movement during the CD phase?

For example, how do you know that the Stealth Fighter has crossed the X?

When you play, do you have everyone play slot 1 first, then slot 2, etc? That way you can track when enemies first come on the board and when they move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
The whole point of this game is NOT tracking everything.

You'll know when the Stealth Fighter has crossed the X when you resolve the mission... and chances are good that someone fired at it but the weapon wasn't charged. ;D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the CD phase, you can track it however you want. The CD tells you what turn the threat will appear on, and then you can see on the card how many spaces it will move each turn, so you can just count how many turns it will take for it to cross the X, etc. The only thing you HAVE to track is what card you drew, and what turn it will appear on.

The important thing is that during the entire CD phase, all you are doing is planning. You can push figures around all you want to help you plan, but at the end of the CD phase you're going to reset everything back to the starting state, and then carefully follow the turn order chart to see what ACTUALLY happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand exactly what you want, but the CD tells you that a new Enemy comes to Zone Red on T+2. So you pick a Card and put it next to the line in Zone Red and put the marker number 2 on it. Then you can look at the speed of the Enemy. And you can count the spaces the enemy must move to reach the x space. As the enemy always moves after you, you can calculate when he will reveal himself. So he has speed 3 and there are 4 spaces until the X comes (not counting the first space, as he starts there. So you know that he will reach the x space 2 turns after he entered. So in turn he is revealed and you can start shooting at him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jack and everyone. I think where I'm getting hung up on advancing enemies is, for example,

If an enemy comes in at T+2 and the next enemy doesn't come in until T+5, how do I know when time 3 and 4 happen so I can "see" their movement and plan correctly or for that matter simulate their attacks properly?

Like, how do I know at what time they cross the x,y and z? I think I understand what jack is saying, but I'll need to let it sink in.

It is difficult to articulate this to everyone.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The T+2 and T+5 and stuff has nothing to do with clock time at all. They're turn counters. If the CD says an enemy appears on T+2, then you put the T+2 token on it, and when you resolve the actions it will appear on T+2 and then it will move at the end of T+2, T+3, T+4, etc.

See? You just follow this turn track. First any T+1 threat shows up, then everyone does the card they placed in spot 1, then your lasers go off, then all the aliens move forward. Then any T+2 threat shows up, then everyone does the card they placed in spot 2, then your lasers go off, then all the aliens move forward. Etc etc etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.