Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Turner
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy of the second edition and it looks great but I have a problem ... the new, smaller, box. I have no idea how all these components are supposed to fit once they are punched out!

I realize there probably aren't too many people that have the new edition yet but here's hoping someone comes up with a slick way to fit all this stuff in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the updates in the Kickstarter had a video showing it all fitting in the new smaller box. It not fitting in a smaller box was one of the concerns backers had. If it doesn't fit easily it will be disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Turner
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for pointing me to that video.

There seems to be some differences between what I have and what's shown in the video, these differences would account got the problem I'm having.

First the board I have is not double sided, there are 2 boards, one for Camelot and one for Avalon.

Second I have way more character and quest cards.

These 2 things eat up much of the space they used to store the tiles in the video.

I was able to cram everything in but the lid doesn't close fully.

Oh well, having all the extra characters is nice so I guess this is a good problem to have?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Missy F
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
first thing i did was toss the insert. it did its job holding pieces in transport but not needed once opened. the round tokens fit nicely in quarter rolls (the half cylinder that just snap together ones) everything else is in bags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, got my copy now and I have no idea how it will all fit in the box. Insert will probably get tossed. Which is sad as it was something that was a big discussion for being improved over the 1st edition. But I see no way to put it all in. I may even toss the smaller box and just use my 1st edition box. Still have the minis to add and the Sherwood's Legacy characters. Too much stuff not enough space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
....buy a coat with loads of pockets and take it with whenever you play!

Hopefully by the late April when my copy will arrive you guys will have come up with a cunning plan to store everything and have posted up the ideas on here for everyone to replicate.

I have some old foam trays that used to house my BattleTech Mechs and WW2 20mm skirmish figures that should be able to hold the minis perfectly I hope when they eventually arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Turner
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I think the insert has to go. My wife enjoys making custom insert so I think I will challenge her to come up with something :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Green
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have my fingers crossed that Broken Token will take a crack at this one. Their organizer made Caverna much more fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Szatkowski

San Diego
California
msg tools
mb
My buddy is the owner of the broken token and I've done some design work for him so going to see if I can do one and I'll let you know if it comes to life!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sagritalo
United States
Round Lake Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Splice1101 wrote:
My buddy is the owner of the broken token and I've done some design work for him so going to see if I can do one and I'll let you know if it comes to life!

I would definitely be interested if this works out though I fear that any thickness of insert dividers will just take up too much space with everything (not including miniatures) stored in the small box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Green
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think everything will fit well organized into the box, so a solution that involves a second box might be best. Broken Token makes stand-alone boxes; the kit for Albion's Legecy might need to include an insert for the box and a stand-alone box for some components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.