Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Works in Progress

Subject: WIP - Swashbucklers & Space Bandits. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
graeme patrick
msg tools
Hello, I've been lurking on these forums for a while now and I've recently decided to start making a board game which i guess is a common enough trope in these parts... This started as something fun to play about with however i did start taking it a bit more seriously while playing one of my favorite indie PC games FTL and the 'wouldn't it be cool' idea kept poking me with a stick until I had to sit down and try and make a board game with it.

So my idea is a smash up of FTL and x-wing. I know lofty goals! but i think i'm doing ok.

The short of the the game is you control a crew on a spaceship which translates on to a ship to move and fire etc. Some actions are blind to your opponent, and revealed in a different phase.

What i've done so far for rules can be found here from the last month or so.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4w2td1pcpjrd7fu/Alpha2.0.pdf?dl=0

My problem is i recently bumped into Battlestations kick starter who's concept is ridiculously close to what i'm doing. So i'm looking for a bit of advice and general feedback. Should i scrap this and move on?

Initially i wanted to just put this out there digitally for free as a print and play and as a mod for tabletop sim and perhaps print on demand from drivethru if it was well received.

Now i'm not too sure with a real game being made on the same core concepts?

I've not done much art for the game yet apart from some rough sketches for the Order of Aud - based on little shop of horrors/body snatchers. which can be seen below they would have made up 1 of the races and i'm not sure to invest in doing more on this idea as i have others?

Any and all feedback is welcome no need to pull punches.

Cheers
G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.