Dale King
United States
Cranston
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
If I wanted to take a gray die in my stock to use the "Taking a Friendly Tribe Card" action described on page 6 of the rule book, would I:

A: Put my gray (Indian Chief showing) die on the box of my player board, then take the tribe card,then take a gray die from the pool of dice (if available), or another player (if none are available in the pool and someone has more gray dice than I) and then finally discard my die to the camp.

OR

B: Put my gray (Indian Chief showing) die on the box of my player board, then put that die on the camp board, then take the tribe card, then take a gray die from the pool of dice (if available), or another player (if none are available in the pool and someone has more gray dice than I.)

From the symbolism on the board it looks likes choice B is what takes place. It also appears that this is the correct choice because the rules talk about discarding the die before it discusses getting the effect?

I would just like to be sure on this point.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
It's B.
The slot with an arrow orders you to send the dice in question immediately to the board.
So it never placed on the slot.
The slot is only for consistency icon throughout the iconography.

This really matters if you are comparing grey dice with your opponents.
If the grey die is still on the slot, it's counted towards your supply of grey die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric deRuiter
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vardamir wrote:
It's B.
The slot with an arrow orders you to send the dice in question immediately to the board.
So it never placed on the slot.
The slot is only for consistency icon throughout the iconography.

This really matters if you are comparing grey dice with your opponents.
If the grey die is still on the slot, it's counted towards your supply of grey die.

So the grey die you just used to get a tribe and is now on the bank wouldn't be taken back as the gain one grey die effect, because the only places to take a die are from the initial pool of dice or another player once pool is empty right? So that die is out of play until someone takes it with rest action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.