Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) As I understand the set up, the ROC units must start in cities/urban hexes and so cannot defend the beaches - the PRC will land unopposed. Is that correct?

2) Do all the non-optional USAF F-15Cs count as having the F-22 support modifier?

3) The collateral damage table has a footnote mentioning armies from Next War:Korea. Should this just be ignored?

4) The rules say that Special Forces can raid the Detection and/or SAM track. The "and" is confusing me - does that mean a single raid could attack both? If so, why would you *not* do that (i.e. why would you choose "or").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cfmcdonald wrote:
1) As I understand the set up, the ROC units must start in cities/urban hexes and so cannot defend the beaches - the PRC will land unopposed. Is that correct?

Correct.

Quote:
2) Do all the non-optional USAF F-15Cs count as having the F-22 support modifier?

Yes.

Quote:
3) The collateral damage table has a footnote mentioning armies from Next War:Korea. Should this just be ignored?

Probably.

Quote:
4) The rules say that Special Forces can raid the Detection and/or SAM track. The "and" is confusing me - does that mean a single raid could attack both? If so, why would you *not* do that (i.e. why would you choose "or").

No. You can raid one or the other with a single SOF Marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies!

Toadkillerdog wrote:

Quote:

Yes.

Okay - as far as I can tell this can only be inferred from the optional rule. It would be nice if it were spelled out explicitly in the non-optional rules (better yet if there were also a notation on the counter).

Quote:

Probably.
/q]

I looked at the table again to see the details, the Air* result says "DPRK or ROK only" - this should simply be ignored then, and any air unit is eligible for the step loss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the physical chart available at this moment. The intent is that the Collateral Damage roll can only affect air units which are based in the Basing Box corresponding to the area in which the Airbase/Airfield exists. For example, if you are rolling on the Collateral Damage table for an Airbase in Taiwan which was damaged, only units in the ROC Basing Box can be selected for damage (not, for instance, those in Japan).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.