Timothy Adamson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just finished case 5 and I've read that there are issues with case 6 where the ending was changed but not the clues, similar to case 3. Is this as bad as case 3? I know people are working errata. I missed the release for case 3 by a week. Is there anything in progress I could use? Is it necessary? Looking for suggestions for how to proceed and approach this case.

I'll note that case 3 didn't bother me that much, as I knew the solution didn't match, and I was able to come to a solution, even though it didn't match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Neale
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Trying to remember the specifics of case 6...

It all depends on whether the same thing happened as with case 3, which was that Ystari changed the solution and the clue points but some of those changes were lost during the translation back to English.

So if that also happened with case 6 errata should be forthcoming.

I don't think it's quite as bad as case 3, but you might read the solution and think "but... what? how...?" about some things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Watson
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Case 6 is fine. No problems here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Pascall
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
timonkey wrote:
I just finished case 5 and I've read that there are issues with case 6 where the ending was changed but not the clues, similar to case 3. Is this as bad as case 3? I know people are working errata. I missed the release for case 3 by a week. Is there anything in progress I could use? Is it necessary? Looking for suggestions for how to proceed and approach this case.

I'll note that case 3 didn't bother me that much, as I knew the solution didn't match, and I was able to come to a solution, even though it didn't match.

Case 6 definitely does suffer from the same type of problem as Case 3, only less drastically. I have an important replacement page for the case book done. I haven't released it officially yet because I have reason to believe that a newspaper page needs fixing too, but my translator is busy with other projects, so I'm in a holding pattern at the moment.

If you, or anyone else here can't wait to start Case 6, send me your email address and I'll be glad to send you what's done so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Schindler
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw this. I didn't realize case 6 needed an errata. We played this case a few weeks ago, and we spent a LONG time on it. We eventually answered every question right, but it felt more unsatisfying than the cases usually do because we felt like we were jumping to conclusions rather than deducing anything. I'm interested to see the errata now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.