Josh Burchett
United States
Maryville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avengers! Cowabunga!
mbmbmbmbmb
KS backers have thrown out the idea of combo attacks and IDW received the idea positively.

What are your thoughts? Worth it for IDW to incorporate later, during the KS, or as a mini-expansion?

Should fans just create their own here on BGG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turtle Freak
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The shared dice mechanic and special abilities already represent combo attacks. For example, Don has a special card that lets him throw a fellow hero a few spaces which could free up that hero to use more action dice on attacking instead of moving.

It might be cool to have special powerful team attacks that require special formations such as surrounding a villain with all four heroes or having them line up or something. I think that might be a little too fiddly and limited, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Burchett
United States
Maryville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avengers! Cowabunga!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point with the "fling" card used by Donnie. It would be a starting a point for the kind of combo abilities.

Definitely team driven attacks/buffs/debffs where within so many spaces or surrounding an enemy could have some interesting tactical positioning.

For example: where two turtles are adjacent, front and behind, to an enemy the defense of that enemy would lower 1 defense result to a min. of 1.

I started the thread to provide a brainstorm place, or where people could share their ideas/ self-made cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
I will hold off until we see how the game plays (pun intended) out but if there is room for alteration, one of the turtles "power" cards could have a requirement of another turtle adjacent and would be a bit more powerful than the average card.

Because the flip side of that is Bebop and RockSteady cards ALSO teaming up to cause some damage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely think there are already "combinations" possible in the game, as already mentioned, but I'm guessing a real combo move should be something flashier.

Personally, I was thinking of having special two-turtle combinations that are somewhat flavoursome. The initial idea is that:
- The special move is always available for the duo, face-up on the table, not "belonging" to either one, i.e. not reliant on their skill stat
- Both turtles must be sharing their unique dice sides with each other.
- However, the icons are merely to qualify for using it, and would not have to be spent to activate it.
- One or both of the turtles must spend a focus to activate it.

If we look at Donatello and Raphael, we have the former's katana/shell icon and the latter's double shuriken icon. So what if we imagine it is Donatello flipping an enemy up into the air and Raphael flinging shuriken at him?

From that basis, we could say Donatello's part acts like his "Fling Person" special move and then if Raphael has line-of-sight to the enemy being flung during any part of the "move" he makes a ranged strike of Attack +2 against them in that square.

From there you could imagine different combinations for Donatello & Leonardo, Michelangelo & Leonardo, etc.

Obviously, this is all just spit-balling and anything like that would require testing with all the scenarios and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Burchett
United States
Maryville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avengers! Cowabunga!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a feel for teamwork and the turtles supporting each other.

That was a good illustration of how simple/ flashy they could be.

The idea that the moves could be shared and face-up is good too. Whenever the condition is met the turtles could use it or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.