Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My wife and I LOVE this game. We have played it over 50 times already. Ever since we started playing we have put the 2 coin military token on the 2 and the 5 on the 5. Instead of the 2 on the 5 and the 5 on the 10. We have since found out that is wrong, but we enjoy how tight it plays that way and have not changed to the real rules. Anyone else play this wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. The rulebook is pretty clear on where to put them (there is a picture of how to setup them) and the size also fit the rectangles on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Roskam
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think changing to the correct rule will make the game feel too loose for you...the game is usually very tight, often coming down to the last few cards. You are right, it is a fantastic two player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools

Thanks tom tom

After 20 plus games with my son and a friend it has taken your post to show me I'm also making the same mistake.

That has a huge impact on the game as usually military has been taken to cut the opponents cash down.

Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your way makes the cash penalty come much sooner-- Why should taking just the very first military card instantly cause a penalty?

And, since you get the penalty out of the way faster, you reduce the potential for back and forth play on military.

You have actually reduced game tension your way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.