Thomas Ivanovic
France
flag msg tools
Hey BoardGameGeek community !
I'm very glad to post for the 1st time here and introduce you OMEGA - Ω - the Ritual.

We are 3 friends from France working together on this project. We are board game addicts, enjoy graphic and game design.
We have worked on it for 2 years, the game has had several versions (and several names) before reaching its the final form : OMEGA

During an Omega game, a group of occultists (the players) competes to enter the Omega brotherhood, following an ancient and secret ritual...
The players summon Spirits (tarot size cards) with Runes (tokens). The Spirits leads them so they move on the ritual Disk (board) where they can catch the mysterious Arcane cards.

OMEGA is a 2 to 4 board game, 60 min estimed time.
It's a combo game : Runes, Spirits and Arcane cards each has special abilities that players have to master and combine. It is competitive for a duel as for a multi player game. Easy setup and deep gaming.

Our work is now well advanced and we'll certainly launch a KS campaign soon. Because we love DIY cool

The first reason I post here is a call for anyone who has an active group, association, shop, bar game, writes reviews, or manages a secret society, that is to say anyone interested by testing our WIP and organizing a local event.
I can send a PnP to the interested ones and professionals (no physical mail, sorry we're from France).

You can contact me here our take a look to our FB page (we're active) :
https://www.facebook.com/omegatheritual/

We also have online rules here :
https://issuu.com/omegatheritual/docs/omega_rulebook/1
Translation work was possible thanks to the hard work and big help from GeorgeMo we met in the BGG forums.

Our first teaser :

Feel free to share your opinions, i'd be glad to know what you guys think.

Thomas from OMEGA team
ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maher Sagrillo
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks amazing and I can't wait to play it. I love occult and magically inspired games. Visually beautiful and interesting as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
msagrillo wrote:
This looks amazing and I can't wait to play it. I love occult and magically inspired games. Visually beautiful and interesting as well.

I agree with Maher, it looks intriguing. Do the tokens represent the four classic elements?

I can help with American English editing of your rules if you wish (no charge).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you haven't already seen them, here are some good KS resources for you.

Guide to Promoting Crowdfunds and Games on the Geek

Jamey Stegmaier: KS Lessons

James Mathe: Kicking & Screaming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you show Omega: The Ritual at a convention over the weekend? If yes, how was it received?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Ivanovic
France
flag msg tools
The convention was great ! Tons of testing ! Here are some pics of the proto making and convention testing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brettell
Australia
South Turramurra
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This game looks really creepy and interesting. Subscribed!

I think its great to see games that are clearly being marketed for an older audience. But I'm curious as to whether you considered putting lighter artwork on that might be more acceptable to more conservative elements. Did you do any work in terms of market evaluation in that regard?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Ivanovic
France
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

We have fresh new rules in English online :
https://issuu.com/omegatheritual/docs/omega_rulebook/1
Translation work was possible thanks to the hard work and big help from GeorgeMo we met here in the BGG forums.

Since I'm part of the project as game designer, I'd be pleased to discuss here about the game mechanics.

A new PnP is also available if any of you want to join the brotherhood, pm me or ask it at omegaboardgame@gmail.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to necro this, but just discovered this while searching for the answer to a totally unrelated question and...

When is this coming to retail? This game looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.