Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on my second pass through the rules, and I'm getting ready to join my first LOD PBEM game. I had a thought/question about the BS card: Is it possible to use one's own BS card to nullify your own event card for which you are first eligible?

I could see the French doing this with TOA, but I haven't imagined any situations (yet) where other factions would opt to step on their own card as first eligible. I'm not seeing anything in the rules to prevent it, unless I'm missing something.

Has anyone done this or seen it done in a game yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Buchanan
United States
RSF
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skyrider68 wrote:
I'm on my second pass through the rules, and I'm getting ready to join my first LOD PBEM game. I had a thought/question about the BS card: Is it possible to use one's own BS card to nullify your own event card for which you are first eligible?

I could see the French doing this with TOA, but I haven't imagined any situations (yet) where other factions would opt to step on their own card as first eligible. I'm not seeing anything in the rules to prevent it, unless I'm missing something.

Has anyone done this or seen it done in a game yet?

Hey Michael

Nothing prevents it.

Who knows? Thousands upon thousands of specific situations.....

What if you were also first Faction on the next card- or thought you were close to a WQ card and by playing the Brilliant Stroke you could win?

I also enjoy watching player's use the Brilliant Stroke threat as a way to force their opponents to trump them thus using their only Brilliant Stroke. Just be ready for them to call your bluff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. I can't imagine why you wouldn't just pass or take your turn rather than burn up your BS card. But, maybe a situation will come up.

I busted out AA to compare it to LoD and i wish it had trump cards now.
So that's my unexpected Brilliant Strokes card effect... Andean Abyss needs them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Filla
United States
Hales Corners
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Cracky wrote:
Hmmm. I can't imagine why you wouldn't just pass or take your turn rather than burn up your BS card. But, maybe a situation will come up.

I did this in our game last night. I was the Indians and was first up on a card, and first up on the next card. If I played on the first card, then I would risk having the event on the second card played against me. If I passed, I would risk having the event on the first card played against me. Neither of those things was good, and the second event was one I really wanted to play. So, I trumped the first card and took it out of play (and got my two free limited and one special action), then went first on the next card and basically got two great turns in a row, which set me up with a good chance of winning when we continue the game next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.