Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Yoder

Granite Bay
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some cards put +1 Strength on an army. This seems to have the same effect as putting -1 DRM on the army. Vice versa for -1 Strength/+1 DRM.

There doesn't seem to be any game play difference whether I add one to the die roll or subtract one from the unit's strength when I attack it. Is there some distinction that I am missing?

I really enjoy this game. It's your best SoS yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The distinction is that DRM modifiers go on the political/religious tracks, and Strength modifiers go on army units. They are done that way because in general a DRM is modifying a roll where you need to beat a specific number, while Strength mods are used where it is a simple "who rolled highest".

But in practical terms, no, there isn't really any difference in the results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Yoder

Granite Bay
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for replying. I just looked through the deck and realized that armies were given strength modifiers only, and tracks were given drm only. It makes sense and it's consistent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.