Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T Y
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife is pretty awesome. Not only did she reignite my long-dormant love for boardgames a couple of years ago by buying Ticket to Ride, she really likes Lords of Waterdeep, and for my birthday last year, she gave me Agricola plus insert organizers for Eclipse and Waterdeep/Scoundrels of Skullport. On top of all that, now that our boys (11 and 8) are interested in AD&D, she agreed to create a character and join in the adventuring with them.

All that's remaining is to get her to play Twilight Struggle with me....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Staswick
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
did my wife put you up to this? Seems like a trick question...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting a foot massage as I'm writing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's only one answer to this question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Schippa
United States
Sun Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though we don't always share gaming similarities...I always want to start a game and prefer games lasting at least 90 minutes, and she only plays when her head is clear and doesn't like games with 60+ min play time...my wife still puts up with my obsessions, can kick my but if I'm not at my best (see her last 70-35 PT dominance in Dominion), and can talk strategy and games with me. There's no one I'd rather sit across from exchanging passive aggressive threats than her.

She's pretty great at a lot of other things as well, but just sticking to the board game stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On our third date she revealed that she play a Half Orc Paladin in a weekly gaming group. After that she couldn't get rid of me.

Every day that means me getting a gift of some sort she always buys me a game.

We play in a weekly DND group and play a game together at least one other night a week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Sewell
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
My wife really doesn't care for many games, or gaming generally. cry She is still terrific. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Tallan
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband indulges me in all my ridiculous hobbies, like finding tupperware in the woods and also paying far too much money for cardboard and bits of wood (and then letting all those bits take over the dining room table for long stretches of time). He is clearly the awesomest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Christiansen
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
mbmbmbmbmb
We discovered gaming together, grew into the hobby together, and acquired our semi ridiculous collection together. Then she decided to take up painting our figures to make our games better. Then she got back into sewing to make bags n such. She took up camera work so we could start doing reviews. And perhaps most amazing of all she can get any game and expansions to fit in the box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

BAM

Father's Day 2015
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife helps me design games, plays deep games and beats me often, and lets me go to a game night, by taking the kids for the night one day each week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The wife's favourite game is Dominant Species.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome enough that she didn't strangle me when I let her know last night that I've spent over $2K on games since the beginning of the year. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mines pretty cool. She will play anything from dominion to gallerist to terra Mystica. We play about 5 nights a week varying times per night. I really can't complain. She also gets me games as presents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
My wife likes a majority of the games I own and I love playing with her. So my wife very awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He's okay

He calls dibs on all of the dice bags I make for my auctions, but is a good sport at the fabric store. He'll try any game I buy. We go to farmers' markets, thrift stores, game stores, and book stores together. Even the little things are fun.

DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott McKay
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
I have the best dog ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."
badge
"Say my name"
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty awesome actually, not only is she willing to try many games, but also got me Eldritch Horror last week meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome.

+ I have my own game room in her house.
+ There are plenty of games in every room... and more coming everyday.
+ We play games regularly.
+ On quiet holidays we play games everyday.
+ In most games I give her the 'pro-play' award - she engages and will often beat me.
+ She accepts that if her friends are round there will be board games and if I have folk round for games she wants to join us.
+ She shares my love for food and drink and theatre/art stuff.
+ She once let a dog tied to a tree loose so it could chase a butterfly. Which is longhand for: she shares my 'Chaotic Good' alinement.
+ She puts up with me and plays along.

- She doesn't like Dixit.
- She is a facist when it comes to (game) art. Alhambra is a big no.
- I tolerate Dolly Parton.
- I'm the 'Entertainment Manger', regardless of what I'm doing.
- She's never seen ET, swears and is misguided when it comes to mushrooms on toast.

All in all a keeper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
Darth Gamer wrote:
I have the best dog ever.

Even when he chews Eclipse cubes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My missus used to play D and D with me. She dm a whole al qadim campaign. She plays board games with me and friends and although she prefers multilayer solitaire type euros with castles of burgundy and le havre her faves she will indulge me and play Arkham Horror and twilight struggle. In fact this week we tried out hannibal Rome vs carthage. Yep..she rocks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife is awesome, but she hates games for the most part. I can get her to play every now and again, but usually a rare thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm single. Three cheers for bachelorhood! You can play unlimited games with your brother without having commitments to women. Ah the joys of being young and having overprotective parents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew S.
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ttallan wrote:
My husband indulges me in all my ridiculous hobbies, like finding tupperware in the woods and also paying far too much money for cardboard and bits of wood (and then letting all those bits take over the dining room table for long stretches of time). He is clearly the awesomest.

You can't just throw this out there without context. Inquiring minds want to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
Prismattic wrote:
ttallan wrote:

You can't just throw this out there without context. Inquiring minds want to know.

Geocaching?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.