Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
More like Poe DAAAAAAMN-eron
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always enjoyed games of all sorts but have only recently (in the past year and a half) started playing board games again..(beyond Clue, and Monopoly and the like: the standards). I started this venture with Catan and have since expanded my library a bit. A group of my friends and I play regularly but we're getting a little tired of the games I've discovered on my own. Based on the list below, can you suggest a few games you think we'd like? I'd really appreciate it. Its a daunting task trying to discover new games.

Here is a list of my entire library (just the ones that we play very frequently):

Betrayal at House on the Hill
Abyss (just ordered the expansion too!)
Catan:
Fluxx (Adventure Time and The Wizard of Oz editions)
Gloom
Catan
Ghost Stories
Sheriff of Nottingham

Just ordered:
Red Dragon Inn (I played it and loved it so I bought a copy for myself to share with my group)
Dominion (basically the most fun I've ever had. Just waiting on another sale on the Big Box on Amazon)

Thank you all very much in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Allen
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think 7 Wonders is a very nice game that plays up to 7 players, and only takes 30 minutes or so a game, so you can get in multiple games a night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything from my owned games, especially the ones I rate high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Facchini
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How many players do you generally have? If you have 4 or more then check out Cosmic Encounter. Going from the list you provided I think it will be a good fit as it has a lot of player interaction.

I'll also suggest Chinatown for the same reasons.

If you mention some mechanics that you liked/didn't like in what you have played so far I can give some more suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Presley
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
The Castles of Burgundy
Alien Frontiers
Eldritch Horror
Medieval Academy

All seem to me like they would fit your group well and are among the games my group - a mixture of new and veteran gamers - first got into when us vets got back into the hobby and started meeting regularly to play. I think these would all enhance your collection and add fun to your gaming nights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
More like Poe DAAAAAAMN-eron
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for your suggestions!
I slogged my way through the 2016 Kickstarter thread and ended up backing two of those guys "Clash of the Cards" and "Ghostel". Both look reallllllly fun.
I've also been looking into Salem...it seems like a more fun version of The Resistance (verrrry loosely) that seems like it causes a lot less arguements lol

Narrow Gate Games wrote:
I think 7 Wonders is a very nice game that plays up to 7 players, and only takes 30 minutes or so a game, so you can get in multiple games a night.

7 Wonders I've played before with some other friends and have been considering it.

enzo85 wrote:
How many players do you generally have? If you have 4 or more then check out Cosmic Encounter. Going from the list you provided I think it will be a good fit as it has a lot of player interaction.

I'll also suggest Chinatown for the same reasons.

If you mention some mechanics that you liked/didn't like in what you have played so far I can give some more suggestions.

We normally have 4 players (sometimes my boyfriend and/or my roomate's boyfriend join us) bumping us up to 6.
We're all over the board with the mechanics we like. We don't like war games like Axis and Allies purely because of the ridiculous play time of them (having cats makes it hard to keep a game board intact from day-to-day haha). We all really love Betrayal and card games like Fluxx.

Pixelman wrote:
The Castles of Burgundy
Alien Frontiers
Eldritch Horror
Medieval Academy

All seem to me like they would fit your group well and are among the games my group - a mixture of new and veteran gamers - first got into when us vets got back into the hobby and started meeting regularly to play. I think these would all enhance your collection and add fun to your gaming nights.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll have to look into these! I've only heard of Eldritch Horror before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Facchini
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Since you are fairly open to different styles I'll just list a bunch of games I really like for 4-6 people

Arcadia Quest
Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game
Istanbul
Libertalia
Mansions of Madness - the big brother to betrayal at the house on the hill
Deception: Murder in Hong Kong
+1 Eldritch Horror
Pandemic Legacy: Season 1
Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game or one of the encounters versions (Aliens or Predator)
Power Grid
Coup

I tried to avoid too many games that are rules heavy, mansions and eldritch are probably the most full on games in the list. Hopefully you find a couple on the list that look fun to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.