United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who don't get the newsletter:

Quote:
Hello! I'm excited to finally announce the secret project we've been working on: The Moor Visitors Expansion to Viticulture.

Backstory

Last year I had the pleasure of collaborating with one of my design idols, Uwe Rosenberg (Agricola, Caverna, Patchwork, etc), on the Viticulture Essential Edition. On a whim, I asked him if he would be interested in designing a few visitor cards. I figured he might design 3 or 4 cards, and I'd turn them into a promo pack to sell on BGG.

Several days later, Uwe sent me 64 card designs.

I cut some cards that didn't fit well into Viticulture and honed the rest for balance and wording. The remaining 40 visitor cards now comprise the Moor Visitors Expansion, the name of which is both a play on the word "more" and on Uwe's "Farmers of the Moor" expansion to Agricola.

Every card is beautifully illustrated by Beth Sobel, and most of the cards feature Uwe's friends and family. There's also a special card based on this Viticulture-themed proposal story. In addition to the 40 visitor cards--which fit into any version of Viticulture (they're marked with a tiny "MV" icon)--we've included reprinted versions of the Promoter and the Harvest Machine.

The Moor Visitors Expansion has already been printed, and it will arrive in St. Louis in a few days (along with more copies of Viticulture and Between Two Cities).

How to Buy the Expansion

Instead of running a pre-order through our website, we're trying something different: We've invited retailers around the world to accept pre-orders on their websites and in their local stores.

• LOCAL: If you buy from one of the many friendly local game stores on our pre-order list, you won't have to pay shipping fees, as you can just pick up the expansion from the store in early March.

• ONLINE: If you pre-order from an online store, you can consolidate your Moor Visitors pre-order with other games--everything will be shipped from that retailer to you in early March (so by default, the shipping is region-friendly).

Here is the full list of all participating retailers. Just click through to your retailer of choice to place your pre-order at their store or on their website.

The pre-order campaign will run from February 22-28, though some retailers will still accept orders after that. The expansion will release to distributors in mid-March.

If you have any questions, please post them on the pre-order page so others can benefit from the answers. If you're curious about the game design strategy behind this expansion, check out this video and share your thoughts in the comments.

Extra Notes

I'll send our regular monthly newsletter next week, but here are a few quick notes:
The Tuscany stickers for the property tiles are back in stock at the BGG store.
In the Viticulture Essential Edition, there is a rule update about when you can gain 1 VP from a tasting room. You may only gain the 1 VP bonus from the tasting room if you have at least 1 wine token in your cellar. You don't lose the token--it just has to be there so your guests have wine to taste. If you want to update your vineyard mats with this notation, here are printable stickers.
An amazing group of video bloggers will be live-streaming a virtual game of Scythe this Wednesday at 2:00 pm CST (link here).

Thanks!

— Jamey Stegmaier
Stonemaier Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Martin
United States
Franklinton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excited to see this new expansion and the minor fixes for the two cards. Great work Stonemaier! Viticulture/Tuscany is easily one of the best games I have in my collection!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popular Culture
Australia
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mb
mavericklancer wrote:
For those who don't get the newsletter:

Quote:
Hello! I'm excited to finally announce the secret project we've been working on: The Moor Visitors Expansion to Viticulture.

Backstory

Last year I had the pleasure of collaborating with one of my design idols, Uwe Rosenberg (Agricola, Caverna, Patchwork, etc), on the Viticulture Essential Edition. On a whim, I asked him if he would be interested in designing a few visitor cards. I figured he might design 3 or 4 cards, and I'd turn them into a promo pack to sell on BGG.

Several days later, Uwe sent me 64 card designs.

I cut some cards that didn't fit well into Viticulture and honed the rest for balance and wording. The remaining 40 visitor cards now comprise the Moor Visitors Expansion, the name of which is both a play on the word "more" and on Uwe's "Farmers of the Moor" expansion to Agricola.

Every card is beautifully illustrated by Beth Sobel, and most of the cards feature Uwe's friends and family. There's also a special card based on this Viticulture-themed proposal story. In addition to the 40 visitor cards--which fit into any version of Viticulture (they're marked with a tiny "MV" icon)--we've included reprinted versions of the Promoter and the Harvest Machine.

The Moor Visitors Expansion has already been printed, and it will arrive in St. Louis in a few days (along with more copies of Viticulture and Between Two Cities).

How to Buy the Expansion

Instead of running a pre-order through our website, we're trying something different: We've invited retailers around the world to accept pre-orders on their websites and in their local stores.

• LOCAL: If you buy from one of the many friendly local game stores on our pre-order list, you won't have to pay shipping fees, as you can just pick up the expansion from the store in early March.

• ONLINE: If you pre-order from an online store, you can consolidate your Moor Visitors pre-order with other games--everything will be shipped from that retailer to you in early March (so by default, the shipping is region-friendly).

Here is the full list of all participating retailers. Just click through to your retailer of choice to place your pre-order at their store or on their website.

The pre-order campaign will run from February 22-28, though some retailers will still accept orders after that. The expansion will release to distributors in mid-March.

If you have any questions, please post them on the pre-order page so others can benefit from the answers. If you're curious about the game design strategy behind this expansion, check out this video and share your thoughts in the comments.

Extra Notes

I'll send our regular monthly newsletter next week, but here are a few quick notes:
The Tuscany stickers for the property tiles are back in stock at the BGG store.
In the Viticulture Essential Edition, there is a rule update about when you can gain 1 VP from a tasting room. You may only gain the 1 VP bonus from the tasting room if you have at least 1 wine token in your cellar. You don't lose the token--it just has to be there so your guests have wine to taste. If you want to update your vineyard mats with this notation, here are printable stickers.
An amazing group of video bloggers will be live-streaming a virtual game of Scythe this Wednesday at 2:00 pm CST (link here).

Thanks!

— Jamey Stegmaier
Stonemaier Games

Can I use this expansion for my EE version of the Viticulture and Tuscany EE games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Popularculture wrote:
Can I use this expansion for my EE version of the Viticulture and Tuscany EE games?

Absolutely, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.