Popular Tags: [View All]
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this one at lunch for the first time and it is a fairly interesting game. We only had 3 players, so I was playing two teams of zombies and at times it was hard to remember which zombies moved on which turn.

I didn't review the cards withe the other players, so they were quite distressed when the dead resident showed up. After playing for an hour, they only had the back of the house boarded up, 5 zombies in the house, every spot searched and the car keys. Jerry was making a break for it in the car, leaving Chris surrounded when time ran out.

An interesting game with a better movement mechanic than Zombies!! I may actually try to merge the two games (we did use the zombie pieces) but then again, I've been trying to merge Heroclix and Mall Madness. WAIT, how about Zoombie Plague and Mall Madness??? That's a better idea than Lost World and Mystery Date!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
okiedokie wrote:
I was playing two teams of zombies and at times it was hard to remember which zombies moved on which turn.

You move ALL of the Zombies as one mass, they are not kept as separate teams!

The way to do this is to play it so firstly the 2 humans take a turn each. Then it's the Zombie players turn - to (possibly) place a Zombie, & move as many of the Zombies he so wishes to move (en masse).

e.g.
Human player #1 - move
Human Player #2 - move
Zombie player(s) - (Place 1 possibly)/move

Try it out that way, you'll find it plays a whole lot better. Plus the humans end up in some terrible situations
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiegod (#21269), I do have another question. Does the Zombie player start with all four of his zombies or does he place one and then on eeach turn he can place another one? (I vote for the former.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do have another question. Does the Zombie player start with all four of his zombies, or does he place one and then on eeach turn he can place another one? (I vote for the former.)

It's actually the latter (1 to start then 1 each turn thereafter), you'll be surprised how quickly the board fills up with 2 humans playing the game.

Check the Player Aid on the main Zombie Plague BGG page!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If ALL the Zombies started at one end of the board, and the humans the other side, it would be possible for the humans to search and barricade aprroximately 50% of the board before encountering any real danger.

With the placing of a single Zombie each turn the game becomes a lot more exciting. We use a D4 to randomly determine the Zombies appearance location; 1 being the side directly opposite to the Zombie player - and 2,3, and 4 being the clockwise entry points.

Shameless plug for
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZOMBIE_PLAGUE/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie (#21181),

Then again... we've just tried it with the placement of ALL the Zombies at startup and it worked just as well. DOH!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.