Hide
6 Posts

Martians: A Story of Civilization» Forums » General

Subject: Colonizing Mars - can't get better than that rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terse Verbosity
msg tools
I'm all for a Martian colony game. Just hope it has aliens and ancient tech and stuff like that.

But, does anyone know how this game makes it to #2 on The Hotness list? It only has 11 fans, 4 comments, 1 photo.

How does The Hotness list work anyway? Sure seems like this game has a silver bullet of some kind to shoot to the top without any visible reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Swagman
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the site's User Guide, the Hotness List is based on the number of recent views a game page has been getting. People find the title worth checking out. It doesn't reflect what anyone thinks of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Paterson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TerseVerbosity wrote:
I'm all for a Martian colony game. Just hope it has aliens and ancient tech and stuff like that.

That's funny. You've kind of described the exact opposite of what I'm hoping for, which would be a Mars game that doesn't degrade into fantasy, but relies more on hard science and current, or perhaps near future human technology. There aren't enough science fact based boardgames. Phil Eklund kind of corners that market (even though he depends on some theory to support his themes). It would be nice to see more designers making science games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
TerseVerbosity wrote:
But, does anyone know how this game makes it to #2 on The Hotness list? It only has 11 fans, 4 comments, 1 photo.
The box cover looks greeeat and it has been sitting on top of the main page's gallery for days now. People click through -> hotness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
nakedmeeple wrote:
TerseVerbosity wrote:

That's funny. You've kind of described the exact opposite of what I'm hoping for
Yep, no aliens, please. Make it ~realistic.

(I really like your avatar btw )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Martin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nakedmeeple wrote:
TerseVerbosity wrote:

That's funny. You've kind of described the exact opposite of what I'm hoping for, which would be a Mars game that doesn't degrade into fantasy, but relies more on hard science and current, or perhaps near future human technology. There aren't enough science fact based boardgames. Phil Eklund kind of corners that market (even though he depends on some theory to support his themes). It would be nice to see more designers making science games.

Have you checked out Ian Brody's Destination: Neptune? Just from reading the summaries, that seems to be what it is. And his Quartermaster General was probably the best new game of 2014 for many of us who bought it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.