Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Is it possible for a player not to introduce some or all of his units on the map, and leave them outside?

Can i even pass if i have units outside of the map?

Unit entering is important, because some Victory conditions, depend on enemy units to Score points, and if the enemy does not introduce them on the map, then he deprives me of points (especially true for useless transports)

Thanks in advance!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is my understanding that the only stipulation for units entering the map is the round in which they enter. For example, if reinforcements are slated to enter in round three per the scenario set up guide, they can not enter until round three, but may enter any time that round or later. Yes, you can pass even if all your units have not entered the map.

Also, unless there is a specific scenario rule that stipulates otherwise, victory points are not awarded for trucks or wagons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When generating scenarios, most of the units begin outside of the map,
so enetring is important for the game flow.

So if a player leaves units ouside, he deprives precious VPs that maybe needed fto the opponent.

p.s. trucks and wagons do award Victory points. They just not placed on the CAPs reducing them. so even those are needed on the battlefield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manolios wrote:

p.s. trucks and wagons do award Victory points. They just not placed on the CAPs reducing them. so even those are needed on the battlefield.

You are correct! I got the CAPS and VP rules mixed up. The award of VP's is clearly stated in the rule book under 16.0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unfortunatelly the matter is still at hand...

a generated scenario today, created such conditions that was in my opponent's interest not to put transports and even some fighting units onto the map, so i'm not be able to go past them and kill them....

is this valid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Leis
United States
Merino
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I spent 100 GG and all I got was this stupid overtext.....
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why it wouldn't be valid.

I guess I am not familiar with the Firefight generator but if you own the battlefield and have a superior force (because you brought all your units on and he brought only a few of his) I fail to see how you "need" him to bring on units. Shouldn't your greater number of units easily be able to dispatch his smaller force and take the victory hexes if he is holding things in reserve? Thus scoring you more victory points and the win? If his smaller force destroys your larger one and claims the victory hexes then he has soundly beaten you with only 1\2 his force .

As far as not sending trucks or transports that DEFINITELY makes sense not to. They were used far more often to transport units close to the front and then disembark then they were to drive right up into enemy fire. It would make sense for them to dismount off the battlefield and just walk in. If they felt they didn't need the added mobility there would be no reason to risk the trucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.