United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
As the first noncollectable release in the dice masters line, this is the first one I'm interested in purchasing. I'm curious whether there will be expansions, and whether they will also be noncollectable. I don't think there is any info yet, but if anyone knows please spill the beans

Thoughts: if the base game is noncollectable but expansions are collectible (like Adventure Time Card Wars) I'm out. I have zero interest in the time and effort needed to get complete collections of collectible games, and I will almost certainly want to expand the base game if expansions are available. So yes, even partial collectibility is a deal breaker. Also, I really wish D&D dice masters had been released like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob N
United States
Floral Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TMNT is a stand-alone expansion to Dice Masters - all other expansions are collectable, and all are playable together. Whether or not there will be more TMNT sets released is anyone's guess, but I'd guess that they'd probably do a different IP as a stand-alone expansion before adding to this one. If they were to expand TMNT, it would most likely be through OP kits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect whether there will be more sets or not depends very largely on how well this one sells. This is their first time trying this, if it doesn't do well they probably won't repeat it.

If it does really well we may see more down the line with other IPs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
IgwanaRob wrote:
TMNT is a stand-alone expansion to Dice Masters - all other expansions are collectable, and all are playable together. Whether or not there will be more TMNT sets released is anyone's guess, but I'd guess that they'd probably do a different IP as a stand-alone expansion before adding to this one. If they were to expand TMNT, it would most likely be through OP kits.

Hmm... I hadn't thought of this. I hope the TMNT set has enough variety to be interesting on it's own, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex M
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While i would love to see "buy one to get everything" expansions for the TMNT line i highly doubt we will see any expansions at all.
There are just not enough well know characters.

Once you get passed the obvious choices it gets rather difficult to find charatcres that are well know.

Metelhead, Leatherback, Ratking are known to most old school fans but even then they are already a tier down from the standouts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figure this will probably be the only TMNT set unless the sales are just so amazing they feel the need to pump out some more. I would certainly welcome more of these box sets in the future, because I have no desire to get into another collectible game.

Would love to see the cartoon vibe continue with Transformers and GI Joe box sets. That would be frickin' awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Erratik wrote:
I figure this will probably be the only TMNT set unless the sales are just so amazing they feel the need to pump out some more. I would certainly welcome more of these box sets in the future, because I have no desire to get into another collectible game.

Would love to see the cartoon vibe continue with Transformers and GI Joe box sets. That would be frickin' awesome.

Yes. Yes it would.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel K
msg tools
Reaver027 wrote:
While i would love to see "buy one to get everything" expansions for the TMNT line i highly doubt we will see any expansions at all.
There are just not enough well know characters.

Once you get passed the obvious choices it gets rather difficult to find charatcres that are well know.

Metelhead, Leatherback, Ratking are known to most old school fans but even then they are already a tier down from the standouts.
I don't see why that would be an issue. The other dice masters sets have some pretty obscure characters in them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, kinda the thing for me is I'm not interested in collectible stuff. So if this is the only set they do like this, it might not hold my interest for very long. I'm sure I'll try it regardless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex M
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well i am glad that i was wrong. They already announced a second complete box set. With 8 new characters and 4 turtles with new abilities. So we might get 4 more repeats if they stick to the 16 characters from the first box.

There are 8 characters from the TMNT Heroclix line not in Dice Masters yet so getting those 8 might be a good bet.
Alpha One, Leatherhead, Ratking, Monsterex, Slash, Nobody, Renet Tilley and Metalhead

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/34579/more-tmnt-for-dice-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
South Lake Tahoe
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe Usagi Yojimbo???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.