Raber Jr.
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
We can stay inside and play games, I don't know...
mbmbmbmbmb
hey all, i'm not sure what the best forum is to post this question (apologies if incorrect).

several years ago, the purple pawn hosted a trailer for an indie film about a role playing group and how a newcomer 'disrupted' things. I'm trying to find that movie.

the story went something like this (i think): the DM of the group was a complete geek, a walking encyclopedia of star trek information and the like. Then, a new guy shows up in the group and actually surpasses the DM's knowledge of 'geekery' and the original DM gets jealous of this new person. I'm not sure what happens after that but there is conflict between these two people for the rest of the movie.

anyway, that's how i remember it...but the details could be really fuzzy by this time. it looked really funny (in weird way) and it was filled with all sorts of inside jokes for gamers/geeks.

anybody know what movie i'm referring too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The movie is called Zero Charisma.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raber Jr.
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
We can stay inside and play games, I don't know...
mbmbmbmbmb
nailed it! thanks much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.