Escape: The Curse of the Temple» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification on the Priest and 5 black masks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Me Myself and I
msg tools
I searched and did not find the answer.

My group is split:
Some believe that when the Priest rolls 5 blacks and transports to another player in a different chamber that per the italic rules he must have gold masks contributed to him by ANOTHER player to unlock himself (or twist of fate).
Others believe that he may transport and then immediately pick up exactly three of those masks and re roll them himself per the italics under activateable roll.

I lean toward the fact that he used those masks to transport and they are therefore "used up" until someone helps him unlock. So esseintailly, the Priest can never be completely lock up.
Example: Otherwise any player could use an explorer and a torch to enter a room and then immediately use that SAME torch to help place a gem.

Please clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before starting the timer, each player must choose either the permanent or activatable ability card, placing the other card back in the box. Thus, if you're using the Priest's permanent ability to teleport with 5 black masks, you don't get the activatable ability to reroll 3 black masks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hatherley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I do usually play with both abilities, but that's because there are some I would almost never use if I could choose the other. (And I make the game harder in other ways.)

So to answer the original question requires a house rule.

I would say that if you've got 5 black masks then you can either teleport with one ability, or clear them with the other. (And if you teleport, then the other players have to help you clear them.)

But it's unofficial - you decide.

steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.