Sequence» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sequence rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dannie Hickman
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Looking for some help on Sequence rules. We play 3 players and on many occasions we have had all the chips on the board with no winner. our question is do you continue to call dead card and draw a card and pass if you have no play? Or do you continue until someone draws a 1 eyed jack to remove a chip to attempt a sequence? Or do you call a draw?

The other question is when there is only 1 space left does the next player have to use a 2 eyed jack to fill the space or do you pass until the card is drawn?

Just wondering how others are playing in these situations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Might try posting question at: Sequence
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
You could call it a draw or continue going. Draws are highly unusual in the games that I played. There might be tiebreaker mechanisms that I can't remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Portage
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I have never seen that happen I have a hunch you may be playing something wrong.
Your other question hints at one rule you must have missed
Quote:
The other question is when there is only 1 space left does the next player have to use a 2 eyed jack to fill the space or do you pass until the card is drawn?

"If a card can't be played because all of its corresponding spaces on the board already contain chips, it is considered a dead card and the player holding it may discard it and draw a new card"
So I don't think that would happen......hmmmm I guess it could...but why would you?

im missing something somewhere in your play...why would a player pass? why would they have no plays?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General Gaming to Sequence: Rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oops - important EDIT!we had this exact thing occur last night. 3 teams of 2 partners each.

Each team had 1 sequence and the board was full. - do we just keep going round and round hoping to put together some kind of play with the jacks? My partner would have to remove a chip blocking us with a 1-eyed J, then 2 more people play. If one of them has a 2-eyed J, they will just re-block that sequence. If they don't, there's still no guarantee I have a 2-eyed J. We just quit as we decided it could take a VERY long time.

as mentioned below, we were playing with the wrong win condition.

IF it ever happens that no team/player has won and the board is full,
perhaps some kind of chip-count could be used as an alternate win condition? Count them immediately after the last free position is filled? Or, the most 4-pieces sequences?

I dunno

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that playing with 3p or 3 teams, the first team to get a sequence wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yep, I just came back here after reading Jax rules linked elsewhere - we were definitely playing it incorrectly last night.

but, it does 'seem' like a possible, but maybe rare, game state.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.