Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When performing multiple assassinations in a single action, I know you have to discard an "A" card to trigger each one, so if you were attempting two, you would need to discard two "A" cards.

But if you also discard three more cards with Bomb symbols on them to make up the difference, do those count for one or both assassinations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the rules in front of me, but I'd guess that's a no. Each bomb symbol only plays toward one Assassination action.

Murr wrote:
When performing multiple assassinations in a single action, I know you have to discard an "A" card to trigger each one, so if you were attempting two, you would need to discard two "A" cards.

But if you also discard three more cards with Bomb symbols on them to make up the difference, do those count for one or both assassinations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ASiE follows the usual deck building mechanism that each card can only be used for one purpose per appearance in your hand. So, I would think that the bomb points could only be used for one assassination, you would need fresh sources for the second assassination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Crater
msg tools
From the rules (pg 13):

Quote:
You may perform more than one assassination in a single action. Each assassination requires you to play a card with the [assassinate] symbol on. You must resolve each assassination in order, with you choosing that order. An agent piece can be used in multiple assassinations, both to allow such an assassination to occur and to contribute to its bomb point value.

Since you do multiple assassinations as if they were separate actions (though they only count for one), you would definitely be prohibited from using the same card-based bomb symbols. Given that you can reuse agents for their bomb power, though, I guess agents are the key to successfully executing multiple assassinations in one turn.

Does that put it to bed or does anyone read this differently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daventhal wrote:
From the rules (pg 13):

Quote:
You may perform more than one assassination in a single action. Each assassination requires you to play a card with the [assassinate] symbol on. You must resolve each assassination in order, with you choosing that order. An agent piece can be used in multiple assassinations, both to allow such an assassination to occur and to contribute to its bomb point value.

Since you do multiple assassinations as if they were separate actions (though they only count for one), you would definitely be prohibited from using the same card-based bomb symbols. Given that you can reuse agents for their bomb power, though, I guess agents are the key to successfully executing multiple assassinations in one turn.

This is how I understand the the rule. It's not easy to do, especially if you lose an agent after the first assassination, which might cause your second one to fizzle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Crater
msg tools
MDJD wrote:
Daventhal wrote:
From the rules (pg 13):

Quote:

This is how I understand the the rule. It's not easy to do, especially if you lose an agent after the first assassination, which might cause your second one to fizzle.

Yeah. You also have to remove all influence cubes from the city after an assassination, which might end up affecting whether or not you have the most pieces there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.