Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jahz
France
Le Rouret
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You know those games, starting with Doomed world and nothing cool to settle !

This was a 3p game with all extensions included (arc 1).

I obviously selected explore for turn 1 (+1/+1 because greeeeed), but still found nothing cool for the settle phase selected by my military heavy brother.
So I looked again at that poor distant world, and settled it with doomed world, even if I obviously had no blue in hand.

For turn 2, I figured out that production would be best, and settle was again selected by my father this time.
Looking at my 5 cards in hand and feeling that there was nothing left to lose, I went all-in and trashed a bad hand to settle the Deserted alien colony. Wow.

So at the end of turn 2 I had no hand anymore, but two high-value goods to trade.
I guess I had almost never settled any of those two worlds in the early game, so let alone both of them !

At the end of turn 4 after a double trade, I had 10 cards in hand (an explore gave me the 10th card), and only two bad worlds on my board, while my brother was already at 6 cards played, with strong military power.
On top, I had 9 developments out of my 10 cards !
Yes but... 4 of them were "6 devs", including the famous galactic federation.

So I spammed develop (and one trade), and by the time my brother could finish the game on 12 cards, I was already a little bit ahead (thanks also to being prestige-leader).
The game continued for a few turns as he refused to end the game in a losing position, but it was too late and I won the game with one of the strangest board I ever had :)
(7 prestige are missing on the picture)

Even after more than 200 plays (just counting offline), I'm still amazed how fun this game is, and how surprising it can be !

* thanks to red turtle, ackmondual and radiofyr309 for the pictures *
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Brussel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, what a crazy game! Thanks for posting
 Thumb up