United States
RSF
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey LoD Gang!

Gene Billingsley big dog at GMT Games called me to give me the good/bad news.... Liberty or Death is officially sold out! Get to that FLGS quick.

Hopefully P500 Reprint coming soon!

Thanks to everyone for their outstanding support of LoD. I also very much appreciate the mature exchange of ideas and questions on BGG.

Harold
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Let's hope some remnant of it touches down in the UK soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature Market has apparently sold out of their pre-orders as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Weston
United States
Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI still has several copies available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Funagain Games might also have some copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
This makes me feel better about the customs charges I paid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fortney
United States
Evansville
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so glad the game is doing well. I just received mine (from CSI) over the weekend, and went through the tutorial and one 1 player game, as the Patriots (with a French win in the first Winter Quarter). Fantastic game! Very well designed and thought out, and a lot of other coop/solitaire games could learn from the AI and flow charts used. Great job, guys, and congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr ?
United States
Midwest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game got me out of "collecting retirement." I am glad I jumped and got one. I am currently learning it and have it set up. The quality is really high...so worth the money. Coupled with the theme I bet this will end up being a classic. And I am not even a true war gamer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to wait until after this semester ends, I hope the reprint doesn't take as long as some of the other coin reprints!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadgr
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardhaus' website says they have 20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI says 20+
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
The black wind howls... One among you will shortly perish...
mbmbmbmbmb
That's weird. I p500'd and they didn't even charge me yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Gasparetti
Italy
Trecastelli
An
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hankhankhank wrote:
Hey LoD Gang!

Gene Billingsley big dog at GMT Games called me to give me the good/bad news.... Liberty or Death is officially sold out! Get to that FLGS quick.

Hopefully P500 Reprint coming soon!

Thanks to everyone for their outstanding support of LoD. I also very much appreciate the mature exchange of ideas and questions on BGG.

Harold

Thank you very much for this great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Blofeld
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This has got to be a record for quickest a GMT game has sold out. Jeez, Liberty or Death has hardly hit retailers' shelves/warehouses.

Even Churchill took a few months for GMT to ship all their copies. The Hunters sold out quickly, but it was a small print run of a Consimworld game.

With so many games selling out and needing reprints GMT may want to consider larger print runs. Of course, "Our products are selling out too fast!" is probably the best problem a company can have...

I've enjoyed the hell out of LoD so I'm glad it's doing so well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Slaughter
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bongoHerman wrote:
That's weird. I p500'd and they didn't even charge me yet.

I wasn't charged, so contacted them. Seems they tried to charge me, card was declined. No contact to me about that. Changed the card, got it charged and shipped.

Contact them ASAP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI is sold out too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M.
Kazakhstan
Astana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really glad to see more and more GMT games getting sold out so quickly. It shows that they have a healthy customer base, which is good for us all.

I see it as an even bigger incentive to get on board at the P500 level. It is also a tribute to the new approaches to wargames that GMT is exploring (COIN, Churchill, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noiseman wrote:

This has got to be a record for quickest a GMT game has sold out. Jeez, Liberty or Death has hardly hit retailers' shelves/warehouses.

Even Churchill took a few months for GMT to ship all their copies. The Hunters sold out quickly, but it was a small print run of a Consimworld game.

With so many games selling out and needing reprints GMT may want to consider larger print runs. Of course, "Our products are selling out too fast!" is probably the best problem a company can have...

I've enjoyed the hell out of LoD so I'm glad it's doing so well.

I warned everyone in a much earlier post that it would sell out and some told me I was wrong and gave some numbo jumbo why it would take a long time to do so. lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Rupar
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Merry Christmas
badge
My daughter's art
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad news: Sold out in a few days and facing the never ending queue that is the GMT P500 list. Get ready to wait 2-5 years for a reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
edwin bautista
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChromiumAgeCollector wrote:
CSI is sold out too...

CSI has more copies, they're just doing their classic sell them on Amazon/eBay at higher prices...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I don't have the time or the room in my collection to snap games up as soon as they are released. Nor am I willing to pay ebay prices when games go out of print. I'm not a huge fan of P500ing games either (although I certainly see the usefulness of the system). GMT seems to be moving to a higher-margin subscription model and leaving joe shmoe wait-and-see customers like me in the dust. Perhaps the wargame customer base is so niche that this is the only profitable approach? Either way, no LoD for me, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
silverbowen wrote:
Wow. I don't have the time or the room in my collection to snap games up as soon as they are released. Nor am I willing to pay ebay prices when games go out of print. I'm not a huge fan of P500ing games either (although I certainly see the usefulness of the system). GMT seems to be moving to a higher-margin subscription model and leaving joe shmoe wait-and-see customers like me in the dust. Perhaps the wargame customer base is so niche that this is the only profitable approach? Either way, no LoD for me, I guess.

You are missing out on some really great wargames. I think you need to be willing to at least pre-order them if you know it is a topic and system you really like, otherwise I am afraid you will be limited on getting them in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
repairmanjack wrote:
Wow. Let's hope some remnant of it touches down in the UK soon.

We'll fight you for them. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
silverbowen wrote:

GMT also moves games through the distributor network and hence to FLGS and OLGS. So they are not moving to any sort of subscription model. Rather their games have gotten the kind of reputation where even with their larger print runs demand is outstripping supply. Gene noted on ConsimWorld that they had used their usual larger print run number for COIN but a late surge in preorders led to the early out of stock. He also said they would get it up for reprint ordering as soon as they could get the printing properly priced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockin Rocko wrote:
I think you need to be willing to at least pre-order them if you know it is a topic and system you really like, otherwise I am afraid you will be limited on getting them in the future.

I'm really at the point where one game in means one game out. So preorders are only for games I know I want. I don't have space to speculate. Which means in the case like this I just have to accept the risk of missing out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.