Subject: What changed with the Repackaging and Rebranding? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shde Gore
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have a copy of the original core and was wondering what changed with the repackaging and rebranding. Do I need to buy this too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, yours is fine - the change to Arena is just to distinguish it from Academy and Battlegrounds that came after.

Arena has a handful of extra cards, updated wordings (as all 4 printings of the core have had) and some new artwork (including board and spellbooks).

Identical game underneath though (but you'd be advised to download the 4th Ed rulebook, free from AW's website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wheels
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the Arena rebranding isn't a necessary purchase. I believe it comes with a slightly different distribution of cards, including the incorporation of some errata (those cards have new artwork) and some new artwork for the playing board (and maybe spellbooks?) as well.

Personally, I've got the original core and since the main difference here is some artwork, I'm not hugely compelled to buy it - of course, though, if I need extra dice/spellbooks/cards I'll probably get this then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.