Subject: Support cards for crafting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RavenMad
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure I've properly understood the rules for Crafting (as separate from Smithing) but just wanted to double check.

Say I have a Smith task and one Metal card in my hand and two Metal cards in my bench, I can't craft Metal because I need two Metal in hand to Craft (or three in hand to Smith).

In other words, more than one card of a given type in your craft bench does NOT reduce the number of the same type cards in hand required to craft. Ie, Metal will always need at least two cards in hand to Craft (3 if Smithing).

Is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. Try again.

You can craft the metal card in your hand.

You have the card you want to craft, and two metal in your craft to add support (making 3).

You cannot smith the metal card in your hand.

The metal on your bench offers no support to smithing. Smithed cards must be supported from your hand.

All crafted items are supported by your material in craft bench.

All smithed items are supported by your excess material in hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RavenMad
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zayzayem wrote:
Sorry. Try again.

All crafted items are supported by your material in craft bench.
All smithed items are supported by your excess material in hand.

Yep, just played again tonight and looked much more closely at the rules and what we were doing. Came to the same conclusion and realised we were doing it wrong.

Cheers for the reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.