Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No GfW/DLR, sniff.

To be honest, I don't really care that much, but I like the options.

Because BGG is quite US-centric, we can expect that most people will naturally vote for NASA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_government_space_agenc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Silov
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Not France.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
France, because the dehydrated Perrier is WAY better than Tang.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Farris
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
There is a duck in every game. You may not see it, but it's there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyur wrote:
No GfW/DLR, sniff.

Because BGG is quite US-centric, we can expect that most people will naturally vote for NASA.

Yeah, I'm going to fit the stereotype. We went to the moon baby. Unfortunately we suck at space travel when we have no competition. Maybe China will help make NASA great again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually play the Soviets because to win the game you have to take some significant risks. OK, there's no Marshal Nedelin card, but…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smilinbrax wrote:
Kyur wrote:
No GfW/DLR, sniff.

Yeah, I'm going to fit the stereotype. We went to the moon baby. Unfortunately we suck at space travel when we have no competition. Maybe China will help make NASA great again.

India is coming as well. And please do not forget ESA!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Telrak wrote:
India is coming as well. And please do not forget ESA!
Yeah, but you can only start playing ESA in 1975.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Silov
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Kyur wrote:
No GfW/DLR, sniff.

Wernher von Braun is tacitly in the game leading NASA from 1960 and the daddy of the Saturn Vs that are so critical to big missions, so Germany's role in space exploration is quite important within the narrative of the game, at least in my view.

On a separate note, I suppose China is the one agency that prefer to keep out of the game, if you go strictly by the rules. I think China's greater flexibility to send people on suicide missions is too big of an advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
He who games with the most dice wins.
badge
I + I = 0
mbmbmbmbmb
When I play solitaire I think of myself representing a space agency for a fictional tiny but rich country somewhere. Nonetheless my bias shows in that I bring out the NASA cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RingelTree wrote:
When I play solitaire I think of myself representing a space agency for a fictional tiny but rich country somewhere. Nonetheless my bias shows in that I bring out the NASA cards.
Grand Fenwick?

My preference? mb!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ivan_Silov wrote:
Kyur wrote:
No GfW/DLR, sniff.

Wernher von Braun is tacitly in the game leading NASA from 1960 and the daddy of the Saturn Vs that are so critical to big missions, so Germany's role in space exploration is quite important within the narrative of the game, at least in my view.

Yeah, well, it still would have been nice, but as I said, I don't take things too seriously here.

Ivan_Silov wrote:
On a separate note, I suppose China is the one agency that prefer to keep out of the game, if you go strictly by the rules. I think China's greater flexibility to send people on suicide missions is too big of an advantage.

I don't want to open the gates to RSP territory, but are you referring to anything specific ? Just curious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_spaceflight-related_ac...

I checked these lists and cannot make a connection to your statement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cinzori
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kyur wrote:
Ivan_Silov wrote:
Kyur wrote:
No GfW/DLR, sniff.

Yeah, well, it still would have been nice, but as I said, I don't take things too seriously here.

Ivan_Silov wrote:

I don't want to open the gates to RSP territory, but are you referring to anything specific ? Just curious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_spaceflight-related_ac...

I checked these lists and cannot make a connection to your statement.

He may be confusing this game with High Frontier, in which the Chinese can perform actions that would kill their crew while other nations can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
He who games with the most dice wins.
badge
I + I = 0
mbmbmbmbmb
The agencies chosen were the first 5 to demonstrate orbital capacity. The rule book has a nice abridged history of space exploration as well as many design notes about how that connects with game related choices.

After China (1970) the book lists as the year reaching orbital capacity, the UK (1971), The European Space Agency (1979), India (1980), Israel (1988), and two private organizations Orbital Science Corp. (1990) and Space X. (2008)

edit: Oops, didn't read the next page. Add Iran and North Korea to the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, he is confused. The Agencies are different in High Frontier, in Leaving Earth it makes no difference, they are all the same.

I don't understand the question Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
I don't even know where I live anymore
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:
Yeah, he is confused. The Agencies are different in High Frontier, in Leaving Earth it makes no difference, they are all the same.

It's like asking which color pieces you like to use -- there's no mechanical difference, just an aesthetic one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
buffalohat wrote:
blockhead wrote:

It's like asking which color pieces you like to use -- there's no mechanical difference, just an aesthetic one.

Well, once again my Neanderthal roots are exposed, I don't care which Agency I'm playing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:
buffalohat wrote:
blockhead wrote:

Well, once again my Neanderthal roots are exposed, I don't care which Agency I'm playing

Well, at least this decision is easy then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.