Alessandro Coli c/o Eastbiz Corp.
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, with all the MW stuff AW put out lately, I am a little behind and I am trying now to get up to date

I am going to place an order and I currently have in cart BOTH the new "Mage Wars Arena" core set and the "Spell Book Pack 4".

But I recall having read somewhere that these books are exactly the same as those contained inside the new core set, and so this "Spell Book Pack 4" exists only to give the new spell books to the old players who dont want to buy the new set.

Is this true? If I buy only the new "Mage Wars Arena" core set, will I 100% get the EXACT Spell Books I would find inside the "Spell Book Pack 4"?

If that's the case, I'll be happy to save some money, since I am buying the new core set

Thank you, let me know if you know the answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they're the same books that are included in the 4th printing of Mage Wars "Arena".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yep, 100% exactly the same. Wish they'd release the original spellbooks separately </3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wtchaftcha wrote:
yep, 100% exactly the same. Wish they'd release the original spellbooks separately </3

Really? The original ones were kinda "blah." Even Spell Book Pack 1 is an improvement over the originals.

(obviously holy and nature themed)

About the only thing going for the original books from 1st-3rd printing Core Sets is that the brown book shows up as an easteregg on the 4th printing board, and on the Salenia and Straywood playmats (upper left zone, below).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.