GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,191 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Zombicide» Forums » Variants

Subject: [WIP Tiles] The Roswell Incident rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M O
msg tools
I'm looking for feedback on my latest 3x3 custom tileset...

* Click thumbnail to see the large version

*** DRAFT #3 ***

Constructive feedback would be appreciated...

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M O
msg tools
Where's the blood?

At the moment there's no human blood splattered anywhere... I'll get to that later...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
looking good so far Magusthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Rayburn
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I love it! Glad to see you are still around!

Can we get a a couple missions for this? I love when there are missions included?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The tight, claustrophobic corridors makes it feel like you could be cut off and overwhelmed quickly if you aren't careful.

I like the compact, grungy symmetrical map layout. Some detritus and gore to help the map tell a story will be nice when it's completed.

I'd always hoped the next iteration of Zombicide would be a ZCide in Space. I can picture gruesome shredded space suits and hazmat draped corpses lurching after the Salvage team. A large, nasty throbbing and pulsing abomin-alien...in the Cargo holds... this map starts to conjure that feel.

Nice work.

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Winters
United States
Quincy
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clarke

Ewloe
Flintshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something knocked together quickly with no play test!

Rosewell Mission
Zombies everywhere, people dying and Frank says, "This is the perfect time to see what’s in Area 51".

"You've got to be kidding, we need to find somewhere safe to set up away from the zombies" says I.

"Exactly!" says Frank, "The place was secure before the zombies, it's perfect to be secure again!"

He had a good point so we got to Area 51. It was really quiet, then we spotted the door in the cliff face.

Needed for this mission
At least one of the 3 seasons and TCM.

Objective
Clear the “Ship” (to make a perfect safe home) and have the outer door shut.

Setup
Survivors start in the street outside the “ship” where the drain is.

Place a door on each door space shown on the map, these can be opened as normal.

Place the Toxic Abomination in the largest room in the smallest section of the board (top right hand side). This is the zombified Alien Captain.

Place a Toxic Fatty and two Toxic runners in the smaller corridor of the same section (More Aliens).

Place a Toxic Fatty in each room of the middle size section and a toxic runner in each of the 3 corridors in this section (top left hand corner). (More aliens)

Place a Toxic walker in each room (NOT corridor) of the largest section of the board. (More Aliens)

Place a Red spawn point where the survivors start.

Alien Rules
When an alien is killed lie its figure down in the zone it was killed in.

When a survivor runs out of actions and play is ready to move on to the next player roll a dice for each alien that survivor killed during their turn. If the roll is 1 or 2 stand the alien up otherwise remove the alien from the board, yes they resurrect.

Score XP each time they are killed even if they get up again.

Aliens Don't have the toxic spray rule!

Spawning
Draw 1 spawn card for each room opened in the large section of the “ship”, but remember there will already be “aliens” in those rooms.

Draw 2 spawn cards for each room opened in the medium section of the “ship”.

Draw 3 spawn cards for the room on the small section of the “ship” when it is opened.

Any Toxic spawns will be extra aliens.

Moving between sections
Teleporters must be used to move between sections. Each Teleporter may send 3 survivors at a time. It takes an action to activate a teleporter.

The blue teleporter must be used to move from the large section to the medium size section. It can only be used once the blue key card is found. When there are no aliens alive in the large section of the “Ship” at the end of a survivor phase the key card is found.

The red teleporter must be used to move from the Medium section to the Small size section. It can only be used once the red key card is found. When there are no aliens alive in the medium and large sections of the “Ship” at the end of a survivor phase the key card is found.

Captain’s Terminal

Once the captain’s room is clear (where the toxic abomination starts) the survivors can close the outer door.

Once the door is shut remove the red spawn point and any zombies outside the “ship”.

Winning the mission

The mission is won when the outer door is closed and there are no zombies left at the end of a survivor phase.

Easier Option
Keep track of aliens killed. When the 12th alien is killed the Blue Key Card is found, when the 20th one is killed the Red key card is found.

<Amended following map authors comments [lifts changed to teleporters]>
<Amended to add easier option incase original is impossible>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do the upper left and upper right sections represent?
How do you deal movement in-between?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M O
msg tools
There are 3 levels to this (half) flying saucer.

Level 1 is the large section down the bottom.

Level 2 is the section on the top left of the map.

Level 3 is the section on the top right of the map.

You can travel between sections of the ship by expending one action to take the blue teleporter between Levels 1 and 2, or the red teleporter between Levels 2 and 3.

There's no way to go directly from Level 1 to Level 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Moving between sections

The blue teleporter must be used to move from the large section to the medium size section. It can only be used once the blue key card is found. When there are no aliens alive in the large section of the “Ship” at the end of a survivor phase the key card is found.

The red teleporter must be used to move from the Medium section to the Small size section. It can only be used once the red key card is found. When there are no aliens alive in the medium [b]and large sections of the “Ship” at the end of a survivor phase the key card is found

I haven't played the mission but as the spawn point is outside the ship and "Zaliens" will move as per rules, I think it may mean that you may never clear a level to use the transporters. It is entirely possible that I have missed something in the reading through of this mission however

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clarke

Ewloe
Flintshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_coops wrote:

Moving between sections

The red teleporter must be used to move from the Medium section to the Small size section. It can only be used once the red key card is found. When there are no aliens alive in the medium and large sections of the “Ship” at the end of a survivor phase the key card is found

I haven't played the mission but as the spawn point is outside the ship and "Zaliens" will move as per rules, I think it may mean that you may never clear a level to use the transporters. It is entirely possible that I have missed something in the reading through of this mission however

The idea of the spawn point being outside the ship was to force the survivors to split up, because of the teleport rules the survivors will have to keep someone in the level 1 (The largest section of the ship) to keep the zaliens (love the word) that are spawning outside the ship from stopping them finding the key cards. Thus making the mission more difficult. I'll add an easier option to the scenario.

To be honest without playing it through it might be impossible anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ahh yes splitting up would do it..never thought of that option for some reasonwhistle I imagine a very rapid transition through danger levels. Not for the faint hearted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M O
msg tools
Draft has been updated:
- more colour and brighter zone lines to clearly show different zones
- Clearly show purple hallways (not searchable)
- simplified some of the walls

Currently working on blood splatter and adding blue and green "hospital beds"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M O
msg tools
Updated to Draft #3...

Bright colours gone... keeping it simple with steel plates and purple walkways...

Added blood splatter...

Added blue and green hospital beds...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M O
msg tools
So... I'd really like to add some dead human bodies in this ship, but I lack the artistic abilities to draw humans... let's face it, I can't draw for shit... I just collect heaps of objects from the 'net and cut and paste...

Has anyone got DAZ3D or Poser or something like that and can render some shots of people sprawled out on the ground with a transparent background?

I'm looking for images 500 x 500 pixels...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jason bryant
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Hi, I love your work and was wondering if it were possible to get Sacred Heart with cobble stone streets, so it could be used with Black Plague?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeabird wrote:
Hi, I love your work and was wondering if it were possible to get Sacred Heart with cobble stone streets, so it could be used with Black Plague?

The Cathédrale du Sacré Cœur in Montmartre (France) would make a fabulous Zombicide setting. It could be used for both Black Plague and plain vanilla, "modern" Zombicide.

I would love to see CMON/Guillotine (or someone with the time and graphics editing skills to do so) to make a tile set for the Vatican. It seems like a great setting for a box set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M O
msg tools
jeabird wrote:

I'm still waiting on my tiles for Black Plague... When I can match the colour tones properly I'll release a medieval version of the Sacred Heart tiles with caves/tunnels on the reverse side.

Worth noting that the sacred heart tiles are based on the layout of BASILIQUE DU SACRÉ-CŒUR DE MONTMARTRE... I was going to do a full scale version but I worked out it would take a grid of 6 x 8 tiles to do it justice...

whistle nope... Too big...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MagusOz wrote:
Worth noting that the sacred heart tiles are based on the layout of BASILIQUE DU SACRÉ-CŒUR DE MONTMARTRE.

Wait. Are you saying You've already done the Sacré-Cœur in modern colours? Where can I see that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Blanchette
Canada
Roxton Pond
Québec
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven is the only game now! -_^
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shelter wrote:
MagusOz wrote:
Worth noting that the sacred heart tiles are based on the layout of BASILIQUE DU SACRÉ-CŒUR DE MONTMARTRE.

Wait. Are you saying You've already done the Sacré-Cœur in modern colours? Where can I see that?

You can see it here: [WIP] The Sacred Heart

EDIT: and on the Zombicide Custom Tiles website along with others custom tiles following nice thematic and template for doing your own. +1!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. M.
msg tools
mbmb
Amazing tiles!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Rayburn
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Has anyone tried using this to print boards?

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/publish/product/LargeSquareBo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seijin Zero
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Magus! Such a big fan of yours. I was wondering if this set was inspired by anything specific, like you do. If I know that, I might be able to give some feedback, but right now, I think it looks great! Only thing I can think of is to have some kind of engine room, so we could have things like a time limit for the game before it explodes, or all zombies that pass by it become toxic, all players must speak in Scottish accents while in that room, etc. But, that would probably require a 4th floor, or rather a B1. Even other purposeful rooms? That would be my only advice, consider the parts of a spaceship: bridge, living quarters, cargo, laboratory, engine, weapons... can't really think of anything else. See if that inspires you.

I hate to be another person going off topic, but about Black Plague: I'm SO EXCITED you want to adapt Sacred Heart for it! I'm working on my own big campaign that was kind of banking on that,
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1461797/13-deadly-sins-fan-...
and IF you wanted to do more BP stuff and we're looking for ideas, it would REALLY help me out a lot if I had an evil Necromancer fortress, a Forest-y village of Wulfsburg, and a royal castle. I'm pretty sure I have the tavern, seaport, mine, rampart, brothel, dungeon, and alchemist laboratory locked down. The castle and fortress are impossible to find without being small and gridded.

Thanks again for everything you do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seijin Zero
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
revel911 wrote:
Has anyone tried using this to print boards?

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/publish/product/LargeSquareBo...

I still recommend printing them yourself with a large format printer and laminating them.
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/18548963#18548963

It's a bit of an investment, but it's really almost the same price as a normal printer. Why go crazy trying to match the original tiles when you can just scan and copy those too? I have around 200 single-sided tiles including copies of the originals, and as soon as this new set is done, I can immediately print them out for pennies each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seijin Zero
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MagusOz wrote:
So... I'd really like to add some dead human bodies in this ship, but I lack the artistic abilities to draw humans... let's face it, I can't draw for shit... I just collect heaps of objects from the 'net and cut and paste...

Has anyone got DAZ3D or Poser or something like that and can render some shots of people sprawled out on the ground with a transparent background?

I'm looking for images 500 x 500 pixels...

This pack has 2-4 that you could use
http://rpgmapshare.com/modules/g2/v/objects/modern/moderncre...

Plus:
http://rpgmapshare.com/modules/g2/v/objects/modern/moderncha...

and about a dozen more just like those in the same catagory on there. They are a little too shiny and CG, but nothing a quick Comic book or Toon-It filter can't fix. Best I can do since it looks like no one stepped up, I can't draw either. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.