Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

What happens on Tuesday if the establishment can't even win one state?

Poll
If Rubio can't even win one state, what happens?

Let's revisit this next Wednesday night and see who was right.
RNC rallies around Trump to end the primary and stick it to Cruz
Rubio drops to obscurity. Trump vs. Cruz bloodbath - RNC takes no sides
RNC pulls out all stops to prop up Rubio in hopes of a contested convention
Cruz drops out and endorses Rubio to try to prevent Trump victory
Rubio drops out and endorses Cruz to try to prevent Trump victory
The dynamics don't change, Rubio keeps chugging along and losing
Other scenario (specify in thread)
      71 answers
Poll created by Shampoo4you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubio drops out, and the RNC falls behind Cruz. They might despise Cruz, but he's still at least part of the party and a known evil. Trump is an unknown and untrustworthy commodity to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
Rubio drops out, and the RNC falls behind Cruz. They might despise Cruz, but he's still at least part of the party and a known evil. Trump is an unknown and untrustworthy commodity to them.
I agree, I think they will bend over backwards to try and shoe horn Cruz in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:

I almost think they would rally around Trump before rallying around Cruz. They really hate Cruz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
If Trump takes the nom, you just watch the Republicans come out of the woodwork and start the rally cry of Trump is what the government and the party needs, a refreshing anti-politian that is here to shake up Washington, when all the while before speaking against even thinking about a Trump win. You watch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
If Trump takes the nom, you just watch the Republicans come out of the woodwork and start the rally cry of Trump is what the government and the party needs, a refreshing anti-politian that is here to shake up Washington, when all the while before speaking against even thinking about a Trump win. You watch.

Agree. "He might be a sonofabitch, but he's our sonafabitch" rule kicks in at that point.

Also think they'd rather have Trump than Cruz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd basically be fine with Trump/Rubio or Trump/Cruz if it came to that, though I'm not sure either of them would accept a VP spot. Maybe.

Trump/Rubio with a promise to Cruz for the SCOTUS appointment would be near ideal though given where things are....

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I forgot how many winner-take-all primaries they are later in the Spring. A contested convention might be impossible due to that (and that was the intent of making them winner-take-all, my how that has come to bite them in the butt!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
I'd basically be fine with Trump/Rubio or Trump/Cruz if it came to that, though I'm not sure either of them would accept a VP spot. Maybe.

Trump/Rubio with a promise to Cruz for the SCOTUS appointment would be near ideal though given where things are....

Ferret

"How dare Obama even CONSIDER appointing a liberal to the SCOTUS, man Cruz would be ideal"

Putting the blind idiocy in blind idiot partisanship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anonphilosophy wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
mightygodking wrote:

I almost think they would rally around Trump before rallying around Cruz. They really hate Cruz.

They would rather have Cruz than Trump.

They would rather have HILLARY than Trump.

And you're basing this on what exactly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anonphilosophy wrote:
Simple. Ultimately, the Republicans and the Democrats serve mostly the same masters. The Rs have a few masters the Ds don't (Big Oil, defense contractors), and the Ds have a few masters the Rs don't (trial lawyers, unions), but both of them are beholden to the big ones (Wall Street, Big Banking)

Trump is only beholden to himself. That's dangerous.

But they hate Cruz and Hillary even more I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Some will go with Trump, but there are many like me who have voted for a Republican president every election they've be eligible who will be staying home, voting for Hilary, or voting third party (if Trump is the nominee, I expect to be doing the latter option).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Redmond
WA
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:

Ferret

The only thing worse than a President Cruz is Supreme Court Justice Cruz.

I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
So you're saying that Obama should nominate Trump to the SCOTUS just to stoke the fires of the hatred between him and the GOP establishment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

Ferret

"How dare Obama even CONSIDER appointing a liberal to the SCOTUS, man Cruz would be ideal"

Putting the blind idiocy in blind idiot partisanship.

Who said that? Not me.

If Obama were to nominate Cruz, I would literally be the first on the phone to call McConnell to reconsider immediately.

I suspect that's not likely to happen.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

Ferret

The only thing worse than a President Cruz is Supreme Court Justice Cruz.

I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

My work here is done....bwahahahahahahahaha.........

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chapel called it - he wins the RSP points.

The TRUMPENING is happening, and it's amazing to behold.

(Or possibly Paul/fizzmore, but I think it's starting to be about book deals / TV gigs / bribery for the also-rans rather than actually winning the nomination at this point.)

Also, Duncan Hunter's endorsement pretty much says it all:

"We don't need a policy wonk as president. We need a leader as president."
At this point I'm honestly surprised he didn't add "..and that's why I'm endorsing Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho TRUMP!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
anonphilosophy wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
anonphilosophy wrote:
Simple. Ultimately, the Republicans and the Democrats serve mostly the same masters. The Rs have a few masters the Ds don't (Big Oil, defense contractors), and the Ds have a few masters the Rs don't (trial lawyers, unions), but both of them are beholden to the big ones (Wall Street, Big Banking)

But they hate Cruz and Hillary even more I think.

Ultimately, Cruz and Hillary will play ball with who they're supposed to play ball with.

Trump might not.

Globalists of both the "liberal" and "conservative" persuasions hate nationalists.

And they will do whatever they can to stop the wave of nationalism.

(apparently they don't want free military actions and resources for every nation ahead of them on the military track) :^)

I bet you love the Resource based Economy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anonphilosophy wrote:

"Globalists"

Wait, are you an AlexJonesBot?

Who killed Scalia? The globalist conspiracy? Is Hillary about to sell us to China?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope trump wins so I can see what that looks like. I'm curious.

Also I want to tell my family I voted for him just to watch their reactions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anonphilosophy wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
anonphilosophy wrote:

"Globalists"

Who killed Scalia? The globalist conspiracy? Is Hillary about to sell us to China?

No conspiracy needed. Just the intersection of interests that are in conflict with what is of interest to most Americans. The interests of corporations in cheap labor and cheap goods primarily.

Oh god you ARE an AlexJonesBot!

Welcome to RSP! We're happy to have you. Mostly as a whipping boy, but happy nonetheless!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
anonphilosophy wrote:

The thought that he won't acquiesce to his piers is wishful thinking. His tax plan clearly says that he's "I got their back".

I still think the man is pulling the wool over peoples eyes and secretly laughing his ass off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
rcbevco wrote:
anonphilosophy wrote:

The thought that he won't acquiesce to his piers is wishful thinking. His tax plan clearly says that he's "I got their back".

I still think the man is pulling the wool over peoples eyes and secretly laughing his ass off.

*peers
"He's" or "I", not both
People's

Jesus, RC, get it together.

This message brought to you by my admiration for Cranky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
anonphilosophy wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
anonphilosophy wrote:

"Globalists"

No conspiracy needed. Just the intersection of interests that are in conflict with what is of interest to most Americans. The interests of corporations in cheap labor and cheap goods primarily.

Oh god you ARE an AlexJonesBot!

Welcome to RSP! We're happy to have you. Mostly as a whipping boy, but happy nonetheless!

He's not spouting consoiracy, he's spouting basic labor truths. Corporations want to make it where it is cheap and there are no safety/environment/labor regs then ship it to where it is expensive and sell it. That's economics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.