Popular Tags: myFavs [+] [View All]
Mark Pierce
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can shave $10 off some of the larger Plano units or multiples of the smaller ones. Also opens up some lower cost add-on options. Some creative shopping cart work brings the cost down below historic levels.

Link

Great thread on Plano storage for specific games

O Plano boxes, how do I love thee?

Spreadsheet I created with dimensions of Plano storage

Link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plano 23500-00 becomes $2.98 each after discount and tax if you buy 14 of them or bundle with other models. Pretty good price for a highly useful model

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000E39T4Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr0_...

The Plano 5231 is currently only $5.99, which is already a great price. With discount and tax, the price would be just a little over $5 each. Max quantity allowed is 6.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000HJ9514/ref=sr_ph_1?qid=145...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
OverEngineered wrote:
The Plano 5231 is currently only $5.99, which is already a great price. With discount and tax, the price would be just a little over $5 each. Max quantity allowed is 6.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000HJ9514/ref=sr_ph_1?qid=145...
If Hot Deals had a mascot, it should be the porsche red Stow 'N Go.
(Or maybe JeffyJeff, but I'm leaning towards the Plano.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Caldwell
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang it. I literally just got back from Michael's an hour ago and loaded my dice masters into two new organizers..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
um... there seems to be a distinction between "plano" and "plano molding" products. At least when I have some of the molding products in my cart I'm not seeing the discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fh13 wrote:
um... there seems to be a distinction between "plano" and "plano molding" products. At least when I have some of the molding products in my cart I'm not seeing the discount.

That's unfortunate. BTW, make sure the item is sold by Amazon and not a third party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
Yep, that was the first thing I checked...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone mentioned in another thread, the 5231 is also $5.99 at Menards right now. I bought two today, and they have nearly all of their Plano stuff on sale.

If you're buying a big tackle box be sure to search for better prices elsewhere first. I bought a big 737 for my RPG stuff a few weeks ago and Amazon was (and still is) $20 higher than Academy: http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/plano-737-3-drawer-box

One of the most useful big boxes for gaming, the 1374, sometimes goes on sale for $25 and is not a good deal in this sale. You can get it shipped free from Academy for a lower price right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pierce
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remembered I was working on a Plano size chart for the community to help figure out what would fit in which containers (and what would fit in game boxes). I looked but could not find anything already existing so started creating one. Not complete, but sharing it anyway

Link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mantra6 wrote:
I remembered I was working on a Plano size chart for the community to help figure out what would fit in which containers (and what would fit in game boxes). I looked but could not find anything already existing so started creating one. Not complete, but sharing it anyway

Link

This is extremely useful, thanks! Do you have all of these containers? If so would you be able to add a column indicating how far the lids open? I bought a Plano a while back with a lid that opens to I think 100 degrees or so instead of completely open to 180 degrees, and the lid always gets in the way while in use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pierce
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
mantra6 wrote:

Link

This is extremely useful, thanks! Do you have all of these containers? If so would you be able to add a column indicating how far the lids open? I bought a Plano a while back with a lid that opens to I think 100 degrees or so instead of completely open to 180 degrees, and the lid always gets in the way while in use.

I only own about 5 of the different models, but I can look into adding that info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zelasco
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mantra6 wrote:

Link

That spreadsheet is pretty good.

I think that it would work out wonderfully if we could pull the game data from O Plano boxes, how do I love thee? and add it to the sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.