Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Allen
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to the Print and Play pieces and Resource Tracking card needed for the game, the following are also needed:

- a square grid game board, preferably 10x10 to 16x16

- not common 1,1,2,2,3,3 D6 dice (or D3 if you are OK with those)

Not needed, but nice, are "substrates" for the gaming pieces.

Here are some ideas for each.

For the gameboard, worst case, use a checker or chess board. those are only 8x8, but in a pinch, they will do.

Any other square grid game board in the right size range could also be used. Stratego uses a 10x10 square grid board. That's what I used for my first solo playtests of the game.

Chessex sells "battlemats", vinyl mats with pre-printed grids. Here is a great one that I bought if you don't mind spending a few bucks:
1½" (38mm) Squares and Hexes
96257 Reversible Battlemat™ with 1½" Squares and 1½" Hexes $22.98
http://www.chessex.com/mats/Battlemats_MegamatsReversible.ht...

For the 1,1,2,2,3,3 dice:

I bought mine on E-Bay in red and blue to match the playing pieces from seller "G2 Collectibles & Hobbies". Chessex has them cheaper: http://www.chessex.com/Dice/Specialty%20Dice/3_sided.htm

For the substrate or backing for the playing pieces, I copied Skirmish Wars: Advance Tactics and used plastic "math tiles" or "counting tiles":

Check E-Bay, Oriental Trading Company, or Google.

If you like the game, and plan to play it repeatedly, I highly recommend these plastic pieces. They give the game a much better feel:

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.