Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kyndle s.
United States
Humble
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was wondering this while doing a first play through.
It says to place the newly drawn card on top of the stack, so does that mean the old card goes away or do they team up???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ninja Tweak

Texas
msg tools
As I understand it, since the boards do not have a dedicated space for the Matsuri deck, the recommendation is to discard to the bottom of the Matsuri deck, and leave any active Matsuri face up on the top of Matsuri deck. Wherever it is that you're shoehorning the cards, it's simplest to save space by not having two or more piles that you are shoehorning.

Matsuri are supposed to be replaced, because the effects almost always end immediately or after everyone receives their meal at the next inn. The "stack" refers to the deck, not the mechanic of stacking effects.

The only exception (you got your Christmas in my Chanukah), is the Matsuri which calls for a calligraphy to be chosen and placed by the achievement cards. One could interpret that as a Matsuri that last until the end of the game, even after new Matsuri are played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.