dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
more of my stuff at www.dennisthebadger.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Not the worst idea i've ever seen here...

They could also have a seperate category for "light game" or "card game" or something like that... so people don't get upset when a simple card game gets the award...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dennisthebadger wrote:
Not the worst idea i've ever seen here...

They could also have a seperate category for "light game" or "card game" or something like that... so people don't get upset when a simple card game gets the award...

That's really the people's problem, not the award's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt that this will come. SdJ is a mainstream award and expansions are not necessarily mainstream.
They already have problems with their categories this year given games like Time Stories, Pandemic Legacy and Codenames.
The SdJ is an award that is meant to games that unite the complete family at the table starting with about 8 year olds up to their grand- or great-grandparents. The Kennerspiel is for mroe advanced games, but where to put Codenames? I doubt it works with an age difference of 60 years. It's barely working in some of my game groups with 30 years difference, but it's not complex enough to be the Kennerspiel.
Also the question is if they can recommend a one-use game like Timestories or a limited play time game like Pandemic Legacy. After all they've never considered RPGs.

With all that on their mind, I don't think they worry about expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Space Trucker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dennisthebadger wrote:

There's already the "A la carte" price by the "Fairplay" magazine, which should be a competent jury and a good place to look for cardgames.
The range includes simple trick-taking games up to a bit more complex cardgames like 7 Wonders or Dominion.

German Wikipedia with all winners:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%80-la-carte-Kartenspielpre...

Geeklist with all Winners:
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/59770/la-carte-fairplays-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully without the comic sans, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.