Subject: What is the defintion of a room? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Merc will not enter a room with an agent or opFor but what is a room? Is it a 1x1 area or are the large tiles defined as a single room, so one opfor stops you entering that whole 3x3 area tile.

Is this mentioned in the rulebook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
decaramas wrote:
A Merc will not enter a room with an agent or opFor but what is a room? Is it a 1x1 area or are the large tiles defined as a single room, so one opfor stops you entering that whole 3x3 area tile.

Is this mentioned in the rulebook?

No definition though perhaps that should be entered in the FAQ - its taken for granted we will recognise tand work it out :-

My Definition wrote:

A room is an area or areas bounded by a black outline that has a door or for large tiles doors.

Doors are not defined but are mentioned once (as blocking LOS) , hopefully you can wwork them out , also the game comes with spare doors that you can place yourself.

An Area is normal a Single Tile with the White Orange Circle. A room can consist of 1 x 3 , 1 x 2, 3 x 3 areas but often the bigger areas have rooms inside them (I think the Garage is one big area.)

First sentence of Building setup

The building consists of a series of hallways and room tiles. There are numerous building configurations that can be constructed. Each row and column of the building will be eight areas in length.

Area explained Notice in the text it mentions room

A corridor no border and a Room Border.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again, this came up because we were chasing an OpFor who got into the garage and we couldnt follow without a B&C.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
decaramas wrote:
Thanks again, this came up because we were chasing an OpFor who got into the garage and we couldnt follow without a B&C.

But is it is not the main objective then you don't have much opposition so you should win it fairly easily.

I am not sure where you place the CDD if you do damage it - another Faq entry I feel.

So 3 Op For (lowest Black and 2 highest Yellow) + what ever you have in the garage when you B&C or adjacent to the breach which go on the highest open positions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:
decaramas wrote:

But is it is not the main objective then you don't have much opposition so you should win it fairly easily.

I am not sure where you place the CDD if you do damage it - another Faq entry I feel.

So 3 Op For (lowest Black and 2 highest Yellow) + what ever you have in the garage when you B&C or adjacent to the breach which go on the highest open positions.

I'm not sure either where the CDD would go in a 2 or 6 area room. Nor am I sure whether or not you are required to exit the same door you enter for the after B&C placement. This is particularly interesting in a 3x3 area room with 2 or 3 doors. I have only had 1 B&C in one of these big tiles in 14 games, but when I did, I allowed for the Mercs to be placed in an area just inside and outside of any door of that tile, not just the one they entered. My logic is that if it's considered one room for a quick B&C gun fight, if you win, you should get to choose what door you exit from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
Starman54 wrote:
decaramas wrote:

I'm not sure either where the CDD would go in a 2 or 6 area room. Nor am I sure whether or not you are required to exit the same door you enter for the after B&C placement. This is particularly interesting in a 3x3 area room with 2 or 3 doors. I have only had 1 B&C in one of these big tiles in 14 games, but when I did, I allowed for the Mercs to be placed in an area just inside and outside of any door of that tile, not just the one they entered. My logic is that if it's considered one room for a quick B&C gun fight, if you win, you should get to choose what door you exit from.

and which door(s) you Breach from , using comms to co ordinate. Makes the garage a good target for all 5 MERCS to gain some quick kills (towards objective for Protocol 7 ) and maybe be near another objective / target on teh way out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, large tiles containing 9 areas (office block, garage) is not to be breach and cleared in any way. It would be anti-thematic (too big an area to b&c) and contradict some rules in the manual.

I have another question. Those open big areas (garage, office block) present los and movement issues as they could be navigated in diagonal. So is it possible to move in diagonal here? And also LOS is verified in diagonal? It would make sense to move and LOS in diagonal as there are no walls....

This diagonal issue is a big one as it happens also with open spaces created with hallway tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You still can't move diagonally unless you houserule that you can. But you do have LoS diagonally as long as it follows normal rules and the full area can "see" the other full area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
You still can't move diagonally unless you houserule that you can. But you do have LoS diagonally as long as it follows normal rules and the full area can "see" the other full area.

Actually full circle can see full circle if I recall it correctly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, you see diagonally and, I guess, you shoot diagonally, but you can't move diagonally.
Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:
Hahma wrote:

Actually full circle can see full circle if I recall it correctly

I'll have to check again, but pretty much same thing for the most part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.