Hide
10 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Temple of Elemental Evil Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: New Instalment? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Master Charlemax
msg tools
Has anyone heard anything about a possible new instalment in this series? So far I can't find anything, but I also haven't found any information to suggest that it is finished with either. Does anyone have any information?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Charlemax wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about a possible new instalment in this series? So far I can't find anything, but I also haven't found any information to suggest that it is finished with either. Does anyone have any information?

I suspect the reason you haven't found anything about a new release of the D&DAS is because there isn't anything.

BTW, I would suggest you ask a Mod to have this moved from the News forum to the General forum (or if there was one, the Rumours forum).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see a city-based theme with the next one. the tiles could be shops, taverns, or city streets. Monsters could be humanoid thugs or rogues, dire rats, maybe an otyugh? I don't know what the legalities are, but if WizKids is producing it, maybe the could use some of the molds from the recent Pathfinder set?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
AronR wrote:
I don't know what the legalities are, but if WizKids is producing it, maybe the could use some of the molds from the recent Pathfinder set?

There's no need to do this really (and they never could anyway because there would be no interest for Paizo to agree to it). WizKids also produce the D&D Icons of the Realms product line so they have a wide range of models to choose from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from News to General.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Grand Rapids
MI
flag msg tools
Dungeons & Dragons Board Games Fan
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AronR wrote:
... maybe an otyugh?

Wrath of Ashardalon came with an otyugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
AronR wrote:
I don't know what the legalities are, but if WizKids is producing it, maybe the could use some of the molds from the recent Pathfinder set?

There's no need to do this really (and they never could anyway because there would be no interest for Paizo to agree to it). WizKids also produce the D&D Icons of the Realms product line so they have a wide range of models to choose from.

True, but the latest Pathfinder set is focused on cityfolk, if I remember correctly, so it might better fit the theme. And I agree that Paizo would not agree to it--which is why I was questioning the legality...since WizKidsare producing the minis, Paizo might not have a say.

And I forgot about WoA's otyugh, but there are plenty of other city-based monsters to be had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
WizKids has a license with Paizo to create the figures. I suspect there are contractual terms to prevent this sort of thing from happening. Many of the Pathfinder Battles figures are based on artwork Paizo has bought/licensed from artists; and since Paizo has some say regarding reproduction of the images they paid for, I doubt they'd agree to it.

Then there's Hasbro's desire to maintain a consistent look and feel with their own competing D&D products. Why depict a Pathfinder Hobgoblin when there's a D&D Hobgoblin image - that's just advertising your competitors products.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master Charlemax
msg tools
Sorry for posting this in the wrong section. I thought News was the most appropriate place for it but I wasn't sure. Thanks for moving it to the right place.

Like Aron R said, a city themed instalment would be awesome. City street, inn, and shop tiles would be so awesome, plus human, halfling, dwarven, and elven thugs, rouges, and even clerics and spellcasters would be terrific enemies for the setting too. I wouldn't want another Otyugh though since we already got one in Wrath of Ashardalon.

I would also LOVE an evil themed instalment. One where you play as the evil characters and all the enemies are good/neutral aligned characters and monsters. That way we could get solars, archons, metallic dragons, unicorns, fairies, and human/elven/dwarven paladins, clerics, fighters, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a forest scape or snowscape would be great!
Desert, city, swamp, mountains etc

They have so many monsters/miniatures available, all they need is to pick one of the above scenario settings, write some quests and make some fitting encounter cards (plus playtesting balancing).

Would be great to have some of these things in the system to expand the other games too!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.