Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Dillman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I couldn't find this in the rules, and want to be sure I'm doing this right. Some monster cards say "you may put this card into another players discard pile"

By doing this, aren't you essentially giving them gold and victory points? Do they also get the XP from that card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You get the XP. They get the (very low) victory point and gold value, thus cluttering their hands. It is a nasty effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get the XP, since that happens before putting it into a discard.

I think if you look at those monsters more closely, you'll see that you rarely want them in your discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PurpleHawk76 wrote:
I couldn't find this in the rules, and want to be sure I'm doing this right. Some monster cards say "you may put this card into another players discard pile"

By doing this, aren't you essentially giving them gold and victory points? Do they also get the XP from that card?

To try and reference another game in your collection, think of it like a Mandatory Quest in Lords of Waterdeep. Yes, it does give your opponent some points, but they also have to play the card and that means they aren't playing a far better card. It's very mean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dillman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
negatrev wrote:
PurpleHawk76 wrote:

To try and reference another game in your collection, think of it like a Mandatory Quest in Lords of Waterdeep. Yes, it does give your opponent some points, but they also have to play the card and that means they aren't playing a far better card. It's very mean

Thanks, Trevor. That comparison helps me understand it better

Appreciate all the responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Some of the Kobold•Humanoid monsters are actually worth negative points, so you are lowering your opponent's score by placing them into their discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.