Popular Tags: [View All]
Gideon Stargrave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping someone from SJG can shed a little light [since I see them post in the BGG forums from time to time].

I'm a big MunchApoc fan, as well as a massive Dredd geek, so it goes without saying that I'm pretty excited about this Booster Pack.

The problem is, I've had it on Pre-Order from Miniature Market for getting close to a YEAR now [seriously, it's on an order that I placed on June 26, 2015].

So my question is... is this still a thing? Is it ever going to be released? Perhaps receiving the final Approvals from the folks at 2000A.D. is proving to be more difficult than anticipated, but surely getting a 15-card booster pack into production shouldn't be THAT much of an issue.

If it's NOT happening, I'd love to know so that I can ask MM to cancel my Pre-Order and get back the $7 and change that they billed me for the 2 copies I was hoping to score.

Thanks in advance for any info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hackard
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: IS this EVER coming out?
We set it aside to work on some other projects, but it is definitely not dead -- in fact, I have a meeting scheduled with Phil Reed next week to get this back on track. We intend to have this released before the end of 2016.

One clarification: 2000AD is not causing the delay in any way. This is entirely on SJ Games' side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gideon Stargrave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andrew! I appreciate the quick reply and can't wait to get my hands on this item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheridan Kelly
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had our answer here already, but a month or two back I asked on the SJG Forums (in particular pointing out that the webpage still said "Coming 2015!". The only response was that they'd change it to "Coming 2016!" Could have been better news, but as long as I eventually end up with a copy in my hands I'm relatively happy. Just glad I hadn't already forked out for Munchkin Apocalypse yet (we already have the basic Munchkin, Cthulhu and Bites box sets).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to update this thread as it had been a while. We have this printing, and it will be releasing February 2017. A little after Andrew's previous 2016 prediction, but a bit more "set in stone" at this point. Just wanted to post a quick update, thanks for your patience everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gideon Stargrave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SJ Hunter wrote:
Just wanted to update this thread as it had been a while. We have this printing, and it will be releasing February 2017. A little after Andrew's previous 2016 prediction, but a bit more "set in stone" at this point. Just wanted to post a quick update, thanks for your patience everyone!

That's great news, thanks for the update! I'm really, really looking forward to this. Of course, I wish it was a full expansion but I'll take what I can get. Any Dredd promo cards planned [like you had for Mars Attacks]?

On a related note, when can we expect Munchkin Apocalypse: Rogue Trooper and Munchkin Apocalypse: Strontium Dog? Can't let that 2000AD license go to waste!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheridan Kelly
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Liking the Gideon Stargrave / King Mob IDs :-)

One of the other threads reveals there is a promo card: I Am the Law!

As of today, I finally have my own copy of this expansion now, though unfortunately the shop had sold out of Munchkin Apocalypse base sets, so I still can't play it yet :-(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gideon Stargrave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sheridan wrote:
Liking the Gideon Stargrave / King Mob IDs :-)

One of the other threads reveals there is a promo card: I Am the Law!

As of today, I finally have my own copy of this expansion now, though unfortunately the shop had sold out of Munchkin Apocalypse base sets, so I still can't play it yet :-(

Thanks!

I am the one that started the other thread, LOL - I was lucky enough to receive a copy of the I Am The Law promo from Warehouse 23 with a recent order.

Good luck on your hunt for a copy of the base game. Don't forget to pick up the excellent Mars Attacks! expansion and Munchkin Apocalypse 2: Sheep Impact while you're at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.