Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Mogica
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Zhanguo is currently priced at $27.99 from Cardhaus. Free shipping threshold is $125 total order.

http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games/zhanguo/314383

ZhanGuo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Cardhaus] Zhanguo $27.99
What is the replay value on this one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meghan Naxer
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very high! End scoring goals are randomly dealt at the beginning of the game and come out in different combinations every game. The card combos you can make in your tableau are going to be different depending on the card draws each game. All of these factors will influence how you prioritize actions and strategies. Let me know if you have other specific questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
cuteusagi wrote:
Very high! End scoring goals are randomly dealt at the beginning of the game and come out in different combinations every game. The card combos you can make in your tableau are going to be different depending on the card draws each game. All of these factors will influence how you prioritize actions and strategies. Let me know if you have other specific questions!

Are some elements left out each game or are they just mixed up? How does it play with two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Zube
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
"Something tells me I could easily beat those trained professionals."
badge
You were doing well until everyone died.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this! Been waiting for this one on sale. Picked it up with Yunnan, and found Three Kingdoms Redux recently too. Along with At the Gates of Luoyang, I'm well on my way to a complete collection of China-themed worker placement games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meghan Naxer
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Are some elements left out each game or are they just mixed up?

The random elements that determine scoring include:
-2 sets of end-game goals that each include wall segment locations, palace regions, and governor regions. There are 4 tiles for each of these objectives and 2 of each are placed, so you'll only ever use half.

-End-game score multipliers depending on wall segments claimed. These tiles are all used, but they are double-sided, so you'll have a different combo every game and only 50% of the options are available each game.

-There is a Brettspiel Adventskalender 2015 expansion that adds more to both of these if you are interested in hunting down a copy.

LunarSoundDesign wrote:
How does it play with two?

I've had great success with 2! You have to make sure to catch the scale rules for 2 in the rulebook: area majority elements are limited for 2, as well as some of the token supplies, which really helps keep tension in the game. FWIW, I have enjoyed the game at all player counts.

I hope that helps, and let me know if you have any other questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.