Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
We just played a 5 player Arcade Mode game. I have never really played before and took the Deeproot Treant from amongst the stack of like 40 guys. I figured he could take a hit but geeesh!

All I did was quickly gather 5+ of the 9 Wrath in the game and I never looked back. The other players just juggled the remaining 4 Wrath and never had aggro.

I took maybe 4 damage the entire game. By the end I was standing near a protection shrine for 4 Auto Block + Red/Red/Green.

I feel like Aggro is too easy to manage in Arcade mode. Maybe Im off base but these are some of the ideas I had.

-Each Hero turn you dont activate you shed one Wrath back to the public pool.
-You can only take Wrath from whoever has the most Wrath.
-Monsters go after the Hero with the most Wrath IN THE SAME TILE as them

I think using one of these options would have made the game more fun and challenging.

Wakrob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Perhaps. Does the rulebook list which characters are for more skilled player?

You could just give all the defensive gear you get to the any character and do pretty much the same thing.

My gear was giving me two Auto-Block fairly early with a later +1 Green ARM. I dont know what the average defensive dice are for the character pool but I bet you can tank one person up and have that character train the monsters around and heal him sometimes.

Im sure the AI could be better with minor changes.

Wakrob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kelsch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SDE heroes are in no way balanced or even playtested to be balanced. There is wide disparity in quality of heroes.

In games like this where there is no expectation of balance, 'tiers' are born and you either self-censor by choosing to ban OP heroes or choose to stick with 'all low tier' heroes or accept it as-is.

Same with monsters. Some spawns are stronger than others, and some combos are even stronger. The game isn't actually fair or competitive. It is a experience system, enjoy the ride and the destination is meaningless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nkelsch wrote:
SDE heroes are in no way balanced or even playtested to be balanced. There is wide disparity in quality of heroes.

In games like this where there is no expectation of balance, 'tiers' are born and you either self-censor by choosing to ban OP heroes or choose to stick with 'all low tier' heroes or accept it as-is.

Same with monsters. Some spawns are stronger than others, and some combos are even stronger. The game isn't actually fair or competitive. It is a experience system, enjoy the ride and the destination is meaningless.

This is complete nonsense. While there are some heroes and monsters that may be considered more powerful (or more accurately some are very good in certain combinations) often it is a case of learning how to use those heroes/monsters most effectively. The game is well balanced, fair and competitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.