Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » General

Subject: Lets talk surprises (major spoilers for all month) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay so now we have finished the game.
I really loved Risk legacy so we were very excited to play this.

Which moments were your favorites? Of Pandemic Legacy?
For me, there were actually far too many boring months. I would have loved more major surprises. For us, the coolest things where

Spoiler (click to reveal)

-Ripping up the objective on the first game (this is just fun and surpising)

-Getting the coda figures and their rules. This was cool.
-Finding out that the millary bases very our enemies was sort of cool
-Getting the vaccines was cool.

The boring stuff was
Spoiler (click to reveal)

-Road blocks zzzz
-Quarentine markers zzz
-Endless searches following the same formula (the first one was sorta fun)
-The stickers for cities were very boring. I think in october we got our first level 4 city so basically they didn't make a difference for us.

All in all, we found the experience very much on rails. It felt like whatever we did would not change what happened during the campaign in a significant way, which is not really what you want in a legacy game.

I never liked to have the feeling 'I know everything that can happen in this game, there can not be a surprise' (which happened when you know that the next card from the story deck should only be drawn at the beginning of next month). Especially if you happen to lose this game, you know that the next one can have no surprises.

We liked in Risk legacy that something could always happen which would make us open something. Not just scripted the start and end of each game.

So what were your favorite surprises? What were the most boring ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.