Raptor» Forums » General

Subject: suitable for kids? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randolph Carter
Ireland
flag msg tools
mb
My six year old would love the theme and he's bright so can handle a relative amount of complexity... could I play this with him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say he's right on the edge. I've played with my 7-year-old twice, and he's done quite well, but it's on the brink of his understanding simply because of the various mechanics in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Renaud
Canada
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on the kid, but my 6 year old daughter played yesterday and his really anxious to play again tonight.
I would buy it if I have someone else to play with, not just to play with a 6 year old. (BTW, it's an awesome game.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I played with my 8 year old daughter who loved the game. However, there are a few spite like mechanics and they can get upset if they are playing the dinosaur and the babies are taken. Also sometimes there are no clear correct decisions and deciding can be very hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's pretty amusing as I read somewhere that this game was re-themed from an initial concept with a Hobbit theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.