Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about hut size, juggernaut skill and line of sight between specific zones rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jens Larsen
Denmark
Horsens
flag msg tools
I have three plays of the PnP scenario The Rescue under my belt and have come across a couple of things that I am uncertain of.

1)
Pict hut size:
Where is the border between the inside of a hut's wall and the outside of a hut's wall: at the top or the bottom? This may have a big effect on how many figures can fit in the various zones.

2)
Juggernaut skill:
What happens if a hut is saturated with figures and a figure with the juggernaut skill attempts to break down a wall into it? Does it succeed, but the figure remains outside (pay 2 stamina for the attempt)? Or does the attempt automatically fail (no need to even try)?

3)
Juggernaut skill:
According to the skill description, “This character may break through wooden barriers…".
According to the scenario description for The Rescue, “The walls of all huts can be broken down by the juggernaut skill”.
Two of the huts are made of stone walls rather than wooden walls.
Which are correct? The skill description or the scenario description?
(If this is a case of “specific beats generic” it would have been nice that this was stated in the scenario description.)

4)
Line of sight:
a)
When drawing a line through the exact center of the center spots of the two zones between huts 6 and 7, the line *touches* hut 6. But if I choose to draw the line using a point more to the left but still inside the center spots, the line clears hut 6. Is there line of sight between those two zones?
b)
The same seems to be the case for the zones between huts 7 and 8.
c)
If a line is drawn from the center spots of the two zones between huts 3 and 8, it passes through some kind of plant. I can't determine if this is thick vegetation blocking line of sight or is supposed to be a low bush that does not block line of sight. Which is it?
Compare with the plant just north of hut 3, which to my mind definitely blocks line of sight, and the one just south of hut 5, which to my mind definitely does not block line of sight.
Maybe there is a table or matrix that establishes exactly which zones have line of sight between them?

I hope I make sense...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.