Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I didn't know it was on Kickstater, so thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It just hit my final 48 reminder and it looks like backers are bailing. What gives? I scrolled comments and didn't see any positive ones, nor did I see any interaction from Queen Games.

Also, how do you set your first stretch goal at 6x your funding goal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why they are bailing, but Queen's KS reputation precedes it (delays, poor communication). I looked at this and thought it might be interesting for $30, but at $60? I'm not interested in taking the leap and committing that before there's more information available. And then $35 more for an expansion added at the last minute that doesn't even have set content? Seems like they are reaching for anything they can grab without actually planning for it, and that's going to mean more delays.

I don't believe there were stretch goals to begin with. I think they added them to try to turn the tide.

For myself, I'll wait to see how it reviews (I'm guessing 6.5?) and then consider purchasing at a much discounted price with free shipping. With a funding goal so low, they clearly don't actually need people to back the game for it to be published.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bailed because 95$ just was too a high a price for me (I had an EB spot). I was OK with the base game being slightly overpriced, but the expansion at 35$ was way out. And yes, I could just be happy with the base game and exclusives, but my mind doesn't work that way whistle .

In the meantime, I've sunk part of the money in a small-time Kickstarter that I'm a lot happier to back. I am pretty confident I can strike a decent deal on Queen's games later on anyway, with or without exclusives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jestin Jund
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How or why did this Kickstarter get so much funding? There's very little interest here on BGG and their initial goal was so low. Throw in the fact that Queen has been pretty miss lately with their games. Was there some sort of outside marketing that I'm not aware of? Did they inflate their funding themselves?

Just pondering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Queen's Kickstarters always do well. Here's my guesses as to why:
1. Funding goals are always low, so it doesn't take much to overfund by a huge percentage.
2. Backers are backing and then not checking in again until the game delivers.
3. Backers have a lot more disposable income than me and know that Queen always has well-produced games, even if the gameplay is often mediocre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost half the pledges come from the small and big package deals. Those actually seem pretty good deals, but they do inflate the funding amount significantly. The other half of the funding probably hinges on the exclusive boards, which, admittedly, are a very nice incentive.

It's not like backers are dropping out by the dozens either, but I can't help but thinking that with a little bit of tweaking (such as lowering the price of the expansion), they'd have broken those stretch goals days ago. Of course, Queen will have done their maths and the numbers are the way they are for a reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lorthania wrote:
Almost half the pledges come from the small and big package deals. Those actually seem pretty good deals, but they do inflate the funding amount significantly. The other half of the funding probably hinges on the exclusive boards, which, admittedly, are a very nice incentive.

It's not like backers are dropping out by the dozens either, but I can't help but thinking that with a little bit of tweaking (such as lowering the price of the expansion), they'd have broken those stretch goals days ago. Of course, Queen will have done their maths and the numbers are the way they are for a reason.

I'd be in if shipping wasn't so high on top of things being priced higher than I want.

If I didn't already own lost legends and Neptun, I probably would have backed at the 100 level though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed preliminary for an Early Bird spot with the plan to see how the project went and to look into the game further.

Well, life got busy, and it looks like I bought the game. Ugh.

I'm sure the game will be decent. Queen games are almost always "good". But I would have backed out of my pledge if I had caught it in time.

My bad shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.