Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm interested in getting into this, but only if there are historical scenarios available.

I do understand this is a game that's not considered highly realistic/historical compared to other systems, but it's at the same level of complexity I'm happy with in skirmish systems.

I looked through the Warlord site and saw a few of their historical scenario downloads, and they seem more like generic encounters "inspired" by history but abstracted out so it may not represent something that actually happened. For example, in the three I found, all had relative guidelines for force points but no specific units are called out, and even the points limit was variable.

I only looked a few handful before I became disappointed -- also as they seemed more like marketing efforts to get you to buy other expansions -- so I didn't dig further.

While I'm not looking for an exact simulation of past battles, I do want get the feeling of recreating the sense and setup of historical encounters, which doesn't strike me as such when I read their scenarios.

Not sure if it sounds like I'm contradicting myself...hope I made some sense...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at the Skirmish Campaigns line of scenario books at http://www.skirmishcampaigns.com/index.htm. They indicate that they are compatible with BA. I used them with another system and love the details. There are several free downloadable scenarios so you can see how they look without spending the money for the book. I'm a scenario nut, and these have filled the bill very well. Just watch that they can be terrain heavy. The Normandy books have a ton of hedgerow terrain that you will need to work up. But the small sections in the skirmish books should work with small BA 'squads'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, Tom!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.