Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Ryan
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course the minis will be awesome for this 2nd Edition, but has anything been said about the other components - tiles, glass beads, ships for the hex map, counters, dice, etc.?

Just curious what else component-wise will be getting an upgrade here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff and Joey have said that the ships will be sourced unless the campaign can reach absurd levels. They want to eventually add unique ship models but that will have to wait... for now the character models are what are being developed. As for the beads for control cards... I don't know if that has been mentioned yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Glass beads for second edition are a given. We're not promising anything about the tiles other than, "They will not be warpy like the old tiles".

Ships don't seem to be a high priority for the backers so they've taken a back seat to new minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Lee
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ourhero wrote:
Glass beads for second edition are a given. We're not promising anything about the tiles other than, "They will not be warpy like the old tiles".

Ships don't seem to be a high priority for the backers so they've taken a back seat to new minis.

So if you order the "Art Patron" with painted ships, what do you get for ships?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If we don't get to new miniatures for ships. We'll throw in some original metal ship miniatures painted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ryan
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if not quite up to the character mini quality, it would be cool to have a ship mini of all the various ships.

I know for a Kickstarter like this, the minis are the main attraction, but I'd like to also put in a vote for nice components for everything else. When it's on the table and people are checking it out, the quality of the boards, tiles, cards, counters, dice, character sheets, etc. really help to entice people in. Seeing these awesome minis with 1st edition components I feel would be a strange disconnect, at least to me from what I've seen in a lot of the preview videos that are out there. I really think all these things combined, even down to the fonts and graphic design, will be important for making this game look its awesomest and getting even more players into this.

(will post this also on the KS comments page to gauge other backer's interest, since there seems to be lots of conversation going on there)

Can't wait for it either way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.