18 Points:
Emerald Acolyte
Cure Wounds
Magic Stone

24 Points:
Goblin Raiders 2
Cure Wounds
Goblin Conscripts

I know that healing isn't a huge part of DDAW, but I wanted to stir up some thoughts on the topic. /discuss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulf Beorstruk
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd take the Druid of those two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goblins aren't native spellcasters, so you'd have to add the Amog upgrade to get the Divine spell slot (though, based upon your calculated cost, it appears that you've included it and just forgot to list it).

Between the two, the Emerald Acolyte is probably the better choice. I see that you're trying to build up a goblin force over time with the other upgrade, but it likely won't net you more than one additional goblin (the fourth one would come on round 4), because it's likely that they wouldn't survive long enough unless the rest of the legion was designed to keep them standing (using Commander, for instance). And if you're building to support your troops, it's likely that you'd be better off beefing up your main force and forgetting the extra HP or two. Plus, it cost 33% more.

So, I like the Acolyte better for that role. Though I'm not convinced that Magic Stone is your best choice for the second spell. It's fantastic on Ontharr, because he really needs some type of ranged weapon. But it's not as good for the Acolyte, in my opinion. It doesn't penetrate armor, so it's only better than the Acolyte's native crossbow because it can turn a hit to a crit (which isn't bad, but may not be worth the spell slot and the legion point). Plus, you're probably better off with a Target or Concentrate action than using your action to un-disable the Magic Stone for the next shot. Instead, Command may be an interesting alternative--choosing your opponent's movement the following turn is a pretty powerful effect. Or, given the prevalence of spells being used now, Silence could be very valuable.

I've thought about this a bit in the past, but in 120pt games, it's too much of the legion devoted to not hurting your opponent. In 150pt (or larger) games, this type of support healer may be worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulf Beorstruk
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing with Magic Stone is, you're only looking for that one crit out of the attack, so taking Target or Concentrate doesn't really improve your odds significantly enough to make it more worthwhile that re-enable and cast every turn you're looking to attack. For its slot and cost, its one of the best upgrades in the game.

Designated healers are not really viable in the game right now. You're better served building damage mitigation or denial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.