Subject: What Would Tokah Do? Third Time is the Charm rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Investing in the ones you love, through laughter and tears.
badge
Lyra the happy bouncy CG sender of DOOOM!
mbmbmbmbmb
WWTD3 is going to be a 13 player, alignment-reveal, hidden roles game. The set is mostly together, close enough to final that I can share the following things.

Reveal will be: Role name, alignment, and what your role's posting limitation was. If I am inspired, possibly a picture corresponding to your role name!

Editing your posts at all, even for small formatting mistakes, is expressedly disallowed.

The nature of the game will be puzzly and swingy, with a side of zaniness. Join because that sounds fun, not because you trust me to somehow balance around all that!

Cover roles will be provided on request if you don't like the one you drew.

Deaths may occur during the middle of the day in some circumstances, so check the tally to make sure you're alive before timewarping. If multiple people die simultaneously, they wil be listed in alphabetical order.

Mistakes may be made on the back end, as some bits are very fiddly. I will publicly correct any that I notice, but in your puzzling it is worth remembering that I am not perfect. If a theory works with just one exception, feel free to ask if I screwed up!

Conditional orders are very much encouraged due to the possibility of day deaths, and as such I think the set will be fairly friendly to people playing off their perfect lynch time zone?

D1 All-Claims are not against the design intent, but in my judgement would be a mixed result for either team.

Teams! There are two of them, good and evil. There is no conversion, forcible or otherwise. Good wins if the evils that count for parity are dead at dusk by lynch or day actions, evil wins via standard parity conditions at dusk or dawn.

There will be no night posting whatsoever.

The nightkill is controlled by one or more max evils, but it is not considered a power or an action.

Any role with a mandatory order must submit a placeholder target for it to have been considered done with the "proof of life" step.

Dead people will be unspoiled, they are as off limits to talk to while the game is on as anyone alive is. Ways to contact the dead in-game may or may not exist.

You will have two "mod chats". One will be for communicating with me, and that will follow WWTD's standard rules regarding keeping/deleting mod chats. The other will be a chat for orders and conditional orders only, and will be kept for posterity.

Standard other rules apply:
- Votes at :00 count, :01 don't
- Don't quote mod chat.
- other things I'll list when I think of them
- etc

Unusual Rules

The point of this game is to play Werewolf and try to win, while at the same time being kind and respectful to all the other players involved, no matter what team they are on. I will consider the game a success if everyone has fun and enjoys the social atmosphere, and a failure if that does not occur. In this series, the players come before the game, and if it comes to a tough choice between pure game integrity and player sanity, player sanity will win every time. That means these games will not be quite as fair as some other games, and that is something you should understand before signing up for them.

"Kind and respectful" is a really subjective term. What exactly is the rule on this, some of you might be asking. The answer is simple: I am the final arbiter. My subjectivity rules this roost. Feel free to ask in mod chat if you are worried you'll go over a happy Tfang line. Feel free to let me know in mod chat if someone is crossing you boundary. If you are trying to figure out a nicer way to get done what you are doing in game, I'll try to help. This game will not be everyone's cup of tea, and that is okay! Don't worry about offending me by staying away. Sign up if living under the iron Tokah fist appeals to you.

Please don't use the green arrow to replace out, contact the mod instead. I may have people waiting to replace in, and with how different an environment this is and the potential to be banned from the series, we want to make sure everyone coming in knows what they've signed up for.

In general, my first intervention step is a private comment in mod-chat. I won't yellow card in the thread unless something needs to be publicly handled. This game is going to have mod chats deleted by default. I will give an opt-in to have them stay in Cassy's record, in the same manner most mods give a day for people to request that the chat be removed.

If you violate what I consider respectful play in a way that has to be dealt with publicly, you will be moderated. You will have to run your posts by me and get permission to post them for some length of time. If you try to game that system to unfairly benefit your team, I'll kick you from the game, and probably bar you from any future one in the series.

During the course of the game, you may want to send an apology to another player, but respect the game by not GMing privately during it. Contact me and I will arrange this in a private way that will not violate the game integrity.

------------
These times could be wibble-wobbled a bit:

Dusk 2:30pm BGG
night actions due at 3:30pm BGG
Dawn 4pm BGG or as close as I can get

I am expecting processing dusk and dawn to take longer than usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Applejack123
elias5891
FaleohFang
Fugue
Inspiration
ljtrigirl
nolemonplease
ortho_
PaperF
RoyalApe
Smugvid
The_Rorab
xandryyte

13 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1532...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paper Luis

Puerto Rico
msg tools
badge
Paper
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Princess Sparklefists
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
There were times when she felt lost, but that did not stop her. For the further she went, the more she collected herself as she walked away. And the more she walked away, the closer she got to it all.
badge
And in the end, she became more than what she expected. She became the journey, and like all journeys, she did not end, she just simply changed directions. -RM Drake
mbmbmbmbmb
Yo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared hibou
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not going to try to be Tok this time. It was a really good exercise, but it was hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
I want another game... hope this one fills up soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Senkan Yamato
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Super evil = Probably a Good special
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, the original post has been updated with useful rules to read!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we are full!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
xandryyte wrote:
Yeah, we are full!

Oh my!

Tfang - What is start schedule looking like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me frown at my own schedule and get back to you. Chaos Spawn is going to stretch into next week, I have no doubt, and Red box runs then, too.

Float a balloon - let's call it March 21st? There is nothing else scheduled to start then. Do people have feelings about this date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
Do people have feelings about this date?

Only that I wish we didn't have to wait that long

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, people that is a problem should bug me, I've penciled it in on the calendar there. Sorry xand, it's a very busy season for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
Sorry xand, it's a very busy season for me!

I should have added I understand waiting a bit... it would put me at three games and two is already enough... I am just eager to try the game out since you edited in some interesting bits is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Live for the moments you can't put into words
mbmbmb
I'm sorry Tok ! I need to drop. I got in trouble at work for being a slacker and my ability to play was reduced down to like 20% or what it was. I don't want to commit and ruin it by not being here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
LA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Editing a post just because the game hasn't started yet I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
LA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amekins wrote:
I'm sorry Tok ! I need to drop. I got in trouble at work for being a slacker and my ability to play was reduced down to like 20% or what it was. I don't want to commit and ruin it by not being here.

Omg I've been waiting for weeks for someone to notice that I am extremely busy all day but not churning out much work. So far so good, knock on wood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amekins wrote:

*hugs* Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Felice is sanity checking my setup of n0. In the meantime, enjoy this PSA:

- The names of all roles are within the set "A Few of Tok's Favorite Things".

- You can't claim your posting restriction, but you can confirm or deny other people's guesses.

- If you make a mistake and catch it before Felice and I do, let me know and we can probably work it out. Do your best, but don't let a stupid mistake kill the game fun for you. =)

- This set was all initally inspired by a comment from Amy in Misanthropy and then a wolfie nomination LJ wrote.

- You guys make me smile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M W
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi so excited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared hibou
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man.

Can I at least see the nomination?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, Felice sanity checked me. Orders will take some time to all get set up, but otherwise...

no posting!

Ask lots of questions. Answers to common questions will appear here for all of our benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some general knowledge updates, now that people have asked good questions:

- Unless modified by a word like "temporary", power invalidation is permanent.

- Remember that your posting restriction is not a mod rule of the game, it is tied to your power. You are allowed to break your posting restriction if the power of of unlimited communication is more important than the ability to do this or that other thing from your role's power or you wish to do so for any other reason.

- "Cycle" means throughout day and night. If your power does something through the "following cycle" it will affect the whole night and day (if it is a day power to activate it) or day and night (if it is a night power to activate it).

- For those who don't feel limited enough yet, cover posting restrictions are available. Remember, though, that your role's restriction is part of reveal. Also, I'm not infinitely creative, so they might get pretty strange if too many people ask for one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so last things:

Firstly, I will enforce things based on my availability, but process things by the timestamp of their use, in order, when I get back to do so. So lets say Felice has that Taze (mute) power from Leverage as a day power and Linguist has a "nuke them from orbit, it is the only way to be sure" power that has to be activated via posting an Aliens quote in the thread in bold.

7:30am: Tok goes to work
7:45am: Felice puts in the order to Taze Linguist in Cassy.
In the meantime: Ling hasn't actually been told he's muted yet, so he just keeps playing like usual.
8:46am: Ling decides the majority of players alive left are evil and haven't realized it yet, so he posts his Alien quote in bold.
In the meantime: Life continues as usual
1:15pm: Tok gets home, and processes stuff starting with Felice's power that muted Ling. Ling finally finds out he's muted, stops talking in-thread, and because he was muted when he tried to use his order, his power doesn't go off. He's not in trouble for talking (he didn't know!), but a muted Ling couldn't have used the power.

Secondly, in terms of order actions, all other night actions go off before the night kill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally System

Your Moderator has enabled the Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally system
for this game. In order for it to function correctly, your votes will
need to be formatted correctly. The following rules will explain what
you will need to do:

Players
1. All votes must be bolded

2. The entire vote statement must be bolded and enclosed in brackets:
[vote jmilum]

3. If your game allows, and you [vote nightfall] your vote will
be locked. Your moderator may have disabled nightfall votes.

4. Vote tallies will be automatically posted to the game thread
regularly if the tally has changed. The Tally and Vote Logs (for each
game day) are also available on the Cassandra game page.

5. If your vote is not counted be sure to check the Vote Log page and
see if it was marked invalid and why.

6. Case does not matter and simple typos will not cause the vote to fail.

7. You may [vote no lynch] if your game allows it.

8. Non voting players will be listed in the tallies. This will only be
correct if the Moderator notes which players have been killed (see below)

9. Editing a vote post will invalidate the vote and it will not be counted.

Moderators
1. The moderator will need to post [Dawn] when the day begins
(after the night results are posted) and [Dusk] when the lynch
deadline has passed and the day is over. Votes will not be counted
after [Dusk] has been posted. They will be registered again
after [Dawn] is next posted.

2. You may include a day number in the dawn and dusk post for
informational purposes, but it will not be used by the system.
Cassandra will increment an internal counter each time it sees
[Dawn] no matter what day is shown in a dawn post (i.e.
[Dawn 3] the three is allowed but ignored)

3. After dusk has been posted, the Moderator may go to the game page
on Cassandra to request a Final Tally to be posted before the normal
scan period has elapsed (i.e. Game Y gets scanned at 45 min. after the
hour, if it lynches at 7pm the moderator may request a tally to be
posted from the game page before 7:45pm. it will also be posted
regardless of whether or not it has been changed since the last
posting) - Do this by clicking on the 'Force Vote Tally' link.

4. You will need to note which players were killed via the lynch or at night by
either posting [killed jmilum] in the thread, or by going to the game
page and editing the player list. When posting in the thread, be sure to post
[dusk] before posting the lynch kill, and post [dawn] before
posting the night kill.
Example:
A. lynch time has passed so post [dusk]
B. goto the game page and select a final tally to be posted
C. check the final tally and post [killed melsana]
D. after the night deadline has passed post [dawn]
E. post the night kill with [killed kima]

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow Nightfall votes.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow No Lynch votes.

Vote Log Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1532...
Vote Tally Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1532...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [58] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.