Popular Tags: [View All]
Hellena Handbasket
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
'Lo All.

I thought it would be fun to hear what expansions folks are planning on playing in their first expanded campaign and why. There's no way to fit all these expansions into one game (fun as it might be to try...), and combining them together in different ways is liable to produce radically different types of campaigns.

I'm planning on a People of the Sun campaign with the Gorm (available 1st Lantern Year), Spidicules (replacing Screaming Antelope in 2nd Lantern Year), Flower Knight (Lantern Year 5), Lion Knight (Lantern Year 6), Dung Beetle Knight (Lantern Year 8), and Green Knight expansions. I'll be hunting Dung Beetle Knight rather than Sunstalker, so it'll be a variant where I only face the variant expansion's monster as a nemesis monster rather than as a huntable. I might also splash a few fights against the phoenix later in the game since phoenix materials are needed to make certain gear bits unique to the People of the Sun campaign. The Screaming Antelope's bladder is also a resource necessary to craft a piece of gear in the People of the Sun campaign, and the Antelope is being replaced by Spidicules, so I'll be playing it that the Legless Ball you can get from Spidicules can be sacrificed as a replacement for the bladder. I think obtaining the legless ball is reasonably equivalent in difficulty to obtaining the bladder, so that works for me.

The idea with this campaign is to make an art/defense oriented settlement that has to really try to increase its population despite having Survival of the Fittest. Spidicules, Gorm, People of the Sun, and Dung Beetle Knight are all extremely endeavor resource intensive, so I expect I'm going to have to go Graves and Romantic in order to try to compensate for that. The gear and abilities from the expansions also tend to involving spending actions a lot, too, so figuring out how to increase action economy is going to be a major theme, I think. I don't expect I'll end up finishing up any sets, since I'm pushing so many monsters into a single campaign, though both Gorm and Spidicules have some pretty neat armor set bonuses. Making a few bits of the Green Knight armor set would be awesome, and is going to be one of my ultimate goals. I could technically complete an entire set of Green Knight armor since I'm including Gorm and all the knights, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

So what are you guys planning on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B K
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be happy to play any of them before April. Still no shipping notice cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see many references to a "shipping notice", but I am not sure what this is. A e-mail from the Kingdom Death? From the pledge manager? The fulfillment warehouse? The courier/mail company?

Do you register for it? Or is it automatic?

I'm really looking forward to the package coming and I just want to know what notice I'll get.

Whatever happens, wave 3 is coming much faster than I expected. Awesome! And congrats to everyone getting a parcel soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hellena Handbasket
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AGN1964 wrote:
I see many references to a "shipping notice", but I am not sure what this is. A e-mail from the Kingdom Death? From the pledge manager? The fulfillment warehouse? The courier/mail company?

Do you register for it? Or is it automatic?

I'm really looking forward to the package coming and I just want to know what notice I'll get.

Whatever happens, wave 3 is coming much faster than I expected. Awesome! And congrats to everyone getting a parcel soon.

Did you check the latest update, AGN? You should have received an email around last week.

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-mon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems like an awful lot to mix in on your first play. Didn't Adam say something about no more than one or two for balance? Then again I guess you really need all the Knights present in order to take advantage of the green armor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hellena Handbasket
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bastimret wrote:
That seems like an awful lot to mix in on your first play. Didn't Adam say something about no more than one or two for balance? Then again I guess you really need all the Knights present in order to take advantage of the green armor.

Yeah, that's the idea. I figured that, if any monsters would be built to work well together in a dense campaign, it'd be the knights. Both Gorm and Spidicules essentially replace monsters in the core game, as well, so they're not really taking up space that wouldn't be taken up anyway.

That said: yeah, definitely way too many monsters in one campaign. Gonna be super unfocused, but I get to play with more of my toys at once... >.>;;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.