Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Kim
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not yet received my wave 3 so I thought I'd ask the other backers who have received wave 3 to see if they have received the promo settlement event card called "Story of the Snow".
I do have the platic model of her but not the event card.
Have any of you gotten it from kickstarter package and not holiday sale box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also curious about this, as the figures were sent out before the card was done for KS backers, but the card was sold with the recent Holiday run of the figure.

So either we're getting this in Wave 3 (unlikely, haven't heard anyone mention this), or some other way in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if it was released as part of the one-shot scenario promo card pack that will be sold later on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Kim
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought Adam decided to have one-shot senarios only available via online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaat Van Hee
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, also wondering about this one. I've got my wave 3 stuff and I don't have the card.

I understand (but still bummed) why the one-shot scenarios where cancelled but this settlement card is not a scenario is it?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
dkr1ak5 wrote:

It's not a scenario, it's a promo Settlement Event card and the only reason I purchased the Holiday White Speaker figure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:
dkr1ak5 wrote:

It's not a scenario, it's a promo Settlement Event card and the only reason I purchased the Holiday White Speaker figure

Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Kim
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:
dkr1ak5 wrote:

Oh, sorry for not writing it down clearly.
I meant for those single miniatures such as messengers and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
graeme patrick
msg tools
Hey i'm also waiting on the next wave and found a lot of confusion on what is/should be and is going to be in the box at each wave. I think they need to up their game on communication and ease of use in for people who don't follow them 24/7 but they did address this and is archived here:

http://vibrantlantern.com/extra/challenge_cards/

The long and short of it was - the beta testers thought it wasn't good so they scrapped it for now. I spent ages wandering what these models were for...

the beta stuff can but gotten here:

http://www.kingdomdeath.com/downloads/Book-3-19.pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaat Van Hee
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're not talking about the scenario's.

We're talking about the missing 'Story in the Snow' settlement event card which was sold with the Holiday White speaker Nico sculpt during the holiday period. This was also part of the KS package....

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, another in the boat of "got the mini because it came with rules" that holiday sale buyers already have but so far KS backers don't.

And to reiterate, no, these aren't the beta rules, these are the ones that were already printed for the same model.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Kim
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From looking at the rest of the other people's replies, it seems like none of the kickstarter backer gotten their settlement event card.

As much as I would like to email Adam about this, I think I will wait until he claims everything has been sent.

It might actually be sent with Latern Festival expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B K
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased the mini at Christmas and have the card. I do believe that this card and the other promo settlement event have VERY slightly different print color on the back side. It's not too different, but after shuffling the cards face down I can usually pick out the two promo settlement events... not a deal breaker, but a bit meh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... I noticed the promo gear cards I got were also rather uneven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Götz Kirchhauser
Germany
flag msg tools
I don't have the Nico promo event card but I do have the Pin Up one. That one also has a slightly different printcolor on the backside and it's a tad wider than the other cards which is actually worse than the color difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Wingate
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
Was the event card supposed to come with the KS figure? I thought I picked up everything with "game content" from the campaign and don't remember Nico as having any cards attached. The front page of the campaign doesn't mention a card either.

Good golly that was a long time ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Think it was in an update? I definitely only bought minis with rules, and got her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Wingate
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
spiralingcadaver wrote:
Think it was in an update? I definitely only bought minis with rules, and got her.

Gah, missed that one. I went with items with game content and din't pick her up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, it's not much of an event. Probably wouldn't have gotten her, knowing what it was. But, since it was promised, I'm just annoyed that it isn't seeming to be included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:
dkr1ak5 wrote:

Late to the party, but I also only got game related figures. Would have used the money for other things if I knew the art card and settlement event wasn't included.

Lame =/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the promo card on the way! Here's what I did:

Yesterday, through the Support section of the Kingdom Death website, I submitted a ticket with the following message:

Quote:
Re: Holiday White Speaker Nico promo settlement event card

I am a KS backer who bought HWSN as part of my original pledge. The figure was listed as including a promo Settlement Event card. This card WAS sold with the HWSN when it went up much later in the KD:M shop, but there has been no update for any KS backers on how/when we will get the card.

Is there an update on how this card will be distributed to KS backers who bought the HWSN figure?

Thanks!
Kyle

This morning, I got a response:

Quote:
9400115901619482092498 is your tracking

Soooo, they didn't answer the question of how they were going to be distributed, but there's a card coming my way!

Good luck to anyone who decides to go the same route!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just adding in that I didn't get it either and I think it was meant to go with the scenarios which were scrapped but obviously this one was actually printed. Would be a strange solution if everyone had to individually email and ask about it. I honestly doubt at this point that it will be coming with the Lantern Festival.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine the same way (asking for it), a bit disappointed since it's like 1/16"+ wider, so really obvious which card it is. I'm going to need to sleeve all the settlement events in order to actually incorporate it since you can't even reasonably shuffle it.

I didn't care on gear cards since they're not random, but the dramatically different quality on promo pieces that are shuffled is kinda' weak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.